KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
KEIGHLEY AND DISTRICT SCHOOLS

A new thread has been started on the K&DLHS site.

This relates to schools which you may have attended, any photographs and memories will enable the subject(s) to be retained for posterity.

Your Help Required

this

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1950/1955

Current location (optional) Keighley

Re: KEIGHLEY AND DISTRICT SCHOOLS

KEIGHLEY AND DISTRICT SCHOOLS

A new thread has been started on the K&DLHS site.

This relates to schools which you may have attended, any photographs and memories will enable the subject(s) to be retained for posterity.

Your Help Required

http//www.keighleyschools.co.uk

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1950/1955

Current location (optional) Keighley

Re: KEIGHLEY AND DISTRICT SCHOOLS

Derek. I've just used this link and found the item on Ingrow Schools misleading.
It states that "Ingrow Infants and Elementary Schools were officially opened on Tuesday 23rd April 1901" and that "In 1950 the school became an Infants and Primary School".
I started at Ingrow infants School in 1951. There were still two schools on the site - Ingrow Infants School and Ingrow Junior School. I guess that the Elementary School became a junior school in 1950 and that pupils over the age of 11 who had previously attended the elementary school then went to the secondary modern that had been created at Holycroft.
I think it was well after Bradford took over the administration of education in Keighley that the two schools were merged into a primary school.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-65

Current location (optional) leeds