5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board

This is our members' forum. Non-members are welcome to place a post if relevant. Commericial advertising and non-relevant posts will be deleted immediately and your IP address will be banned. Please do not abuse this forum

5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vincent Paul Cleary CPL and Sgt 5RAR

Ben Morris & Wallis Musgrove are looking for Vincent Cleary can anyone help

Re: Vincent Paul Cleary CPL and Sgt 5RAR

The last I heard of Vince was he had become an officer, what happened after that, haven't got a clue.

My grandfather's name was Vincent Paul Cleary and he was a Sgt. How old would the guy be that you're looking for? --Evan

Dave & Wal,
I believe Vince retired as Major Vince.He was my neighbour at Bulli and I can recall him going to Vietnam. I'm getting in touch with his younger brother Greg in newcastle for an address.I was a Sig with 5RAR second tour.

Dave,
Vince's phone no is 073264770.

regards,
phil ahearn

G'day Evan,

If your grandfather is the same Vince. He is about 65yrs old. Joined the Army in 1962, served in E Coy 1RAR and was one of the founding members of 5RAR in 1965. He was engaged to a lady who I believe was of French extraction. He served with 5RAR in Vietnam as a Corporal (I don't know if he was promoted to Sgt in SVN). A photo of him can be seen in the book Vietnam Task by Robert J. O'Neill. (between p.48-49, but the description is incorrect, as Cpl Cleary is the one on the right.
If this is your grandfather, please let me have contact details.

Geoff