5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board

This is our members' forum. Non-members are welcome to place a post if relevant. Commericial advertising and non-relevant posts will be deleted immediately and your IP address will be banned. Please do not abuse this forum

5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
War correspondants who went bush with us and took photos & videos . 2 platoon A company First tour.

I am trying to remember the name of a tall Army press corps who went bush with us on some t a o r patrols . This man took many photos of us going through a river cheast high . I have never seen his photos but of course there are many videos in Canberra taken by others . There is quite a few taken on Anzac Day when we stacked the drums on that ceremony and led the Battalion around the Battalion area at Nui Dat

Re: War correspondants who went bush with us and took photos & videos . 2 platoon A company First t

Was it Tim Page?

Re: War correspondants who went bush with us and took photos & videos . 2 platoon A company First t

Frank,
One I distinctly remember was Sgt "Shorty" Ford. He was not a tall man hence the "Monica".
He is in the photograph of the 5RAR senior NCOs taken at Vung Tau prior to Operation Hardihood.
The photograph can be accessed here:https://www.5rar.asn.au/gallery/sncos_1stour.htm
He is seated left in the 2nd row.
Cheers,
Ted.
PS Copy and paste the URL into your web browser.