5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board

This is our members' forum. Non-members are welcome to place a post if relevant. Commericial advertising and non-relevant posts will be deleted immediately and your IP address will be banned. Please do not abuse this forum

5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Private Peter H. Roberts 5713712. - 19/4/45 to 13/1/2016

My husband Roy and myself had married in 1965, and been transferred to Sydney for Roy to work on construction of the new Army barracks at Holsworthy. My Uncle Harold and Aunty Eunice of Mt. Hawthorn WA had phoned us, and asked us to meet Peter when he arrived in Sydney from WA before leaving for Vietnam, so we collected him from camp on the Sunday and drove to Mt. Panorama Hotel near Wollongong. It was so nice seeing him and wishing him well. Peter was a first cousin. There were only five cousins in our small family.
We were at the large parade before they flew out from Sydney in April 1966.
Roy and I moved about and overseas, so lost contact for a time when Peter returned from Vietnam. We did catch up with him and Annetta his first wife, and she was gorgeous by nature and Danish looks, and they had a son Mark. Sadly, Mark was killed in a road accident in Fremantle. I took my aging mother to the funeral. It broke Peter's heart. That was the last I saw of Peter.
There had been a family break up around 2000. I was on Peter's side, but that is one of the reasons why Peter went to live in Thailand. I did try to find Peter from time to time to no avail.
I am the only remaining relative on the Roberts side, and wish to know his wife's address in Thailand, and also his daughter Kristy Lee in Perth to make contact if possible.
My memories of Peter are happy ones at our family picnics. Those were the days.
Regards,
DIane Penberthy nee Roberts
PS. I have only just learned of Peter's illness and passing, so somewhat upset. I am glad that he had his 5RAR member friends at his funeral. Thanks.