Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another Norton 16H sees the light of day :-)

After many moths in the shed, both my 16H and I have have finally seen the light of day.

The sun was shining and although a few bits of touching up were still wet I wheeled her out. She started up nice and easy too.

Cut and paste this link to have a look:

http:/www.patreavy.co.uk/wd-norton16h/wd2-web1000.jpg

She's not absolutely correct, the rivet counters could have fun, but she suits me just fine.

As a tribute to my uncle who served in the 4/7th Dragoon Guards I have turned her out as he would have seen one. Strictly speaking the formation signs should not be applied ... but its my bike :-)

Thanks to everyone for all the help provided on the forum.

TTFN
Ian

Re: Another Norton 16H sees the light of day :-)

Many moths in the shed ? Make sure they don't get in the battle dress !

It looks great Ian. When will you make the first ride ?

It really has that 'Norton' line. The only thing that looks a little odd is the angle of the pillion pad and proximity to the rider's saddle but as mine's from '39, I've never had to play around with pillion fittings. Is it adjustable ?

Rik

It really has that 'Norton' line. The only thing that looks a little odd is the angle of the pillion pad and proximity to the rider's saddle but as mine's from '39, I've never had to play around with pillion fittings. Is it adjustable ?

it looks beautiful, well done. peter

Rik

it looks beautiful, well done. peter

Very nice indeed, another one back on the road, can't be a bad thing

First ride tomorrow.
The pillion pad isn't correct and upon inspection I could drop the rear about 1/2 ". I picked up this one off ebay for a tenner, so I can live with it for the time-being.
When I'm in Normandy I be photographing loads of pillion pads (kinky or what). I only fitted it in case I needed to give a lift to my brother if his Velocette Venon breaks down again ;-)
Ian

Great stuff, well done

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1