Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Oil tank fittings M20

I am just finishing off bits on my M20 at last, i am looking at the two brass fittings/spigots attached to the oil tank, the two fitted have different internal diameters , should they both be the same or does one act as a restriction, they are approx 4.5mm and 6.5mm internal diameter. If this is correct does the restriction go on the return pipe.
Jeff

email (option): m90disco@fsmail.net

Re: Oil tank fittings M20

Jeff if your oil tank is not fitted to your frame if my memory serves me right when i did my m20 turn it up side down and have a look see im sure one of the threaded holes has a smaller internal diameter than the other the inside one i think !! that the one the small one goes on

unless im thinking of my m22 racer i can not remember
might even be on the both of them

email (option): garypitt@talktalk.net

Jeff the innermost fitting on your oil tank is the feed side and has a bigger bore than the return side, which has a tube soldered into it to take the oil to the top part of the tank. The pipes are connected to the corresponding fittings on the engine. All four fittings are 1/4" BSP. Ron

photo M20278_zpsf269dd38.jpg

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Many thanks for the info and the picture.I will get some suitable hose at Kempton tomorrow.

Jeff

Nieuwe pagina 1