Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Critics' lists
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Al Borde - "The 500 most important ibearoamerican rock songs" (2006)

Thanks santacosta! I think I have seen this list before but had forgotten about it.

Were album tracks eligible for this list? I'm mostly asking because Joan Manuel Serrat's "Mediterráneo" isn't included, which is a classic song but I think it wasn't released as a single.

Honorio, if you read this: I think you said that when "Mediterráneo" was #1 in the Spanish Rolling Stone's list of Spanish songs it was expected. But I haven't got any other critics list where it has been included. Could you or someone else (Otisredding? Miguel?) let me know if there are other crticis lists that include the song. Thanks.

From the pdf:
"The list has collect the songs considering the importance of the band, and the song impact in its time, in its country of origin and in a regional level as well. Local lists, as well as books, specialized webpages and fan forums were taken as sources; all of them with a proportional value."

That Rolling Stones list is more Spain-oriented. There are many obvious omissions when you considered the whole spectrum of the spanish-speaking world.

As for Serrat, I really don't know why he didn't make it this time, he's great. I'm from South America, and he's as important here as he is anywhere else, and that's a fact.