The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Critics' lists
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Slant Did...

do a 2000s list- it has not yet been included, as there has not been a songs update in a while. It's on the agenda for this year- there are decade-end lists and a number of all-time lists/features (and some pretty lengthy) that have yet to be added to the site.

The Albums List...

is coming. In about a week and a half or so. :)

Re: The Albums List...

JR
is coming. In about a week and a half or so. :)

Finally! I was gettin worried, but i must say: i hope i see more of the Slant i've grown to know than what it was shown inside the singles list. It was a great list, but when it comes to Slant you could've expected more from female artists like Tori Amos, PJ Harvey, Ani DiFranco, Liz Phair and female lead bands like Hole, Sleater-Kinney and Elastica, but they were completely gone and forgotten. It looked more like something other critics could have come up with than a Slant list. Hopefully the albums list will be better since the number of artists placing records inside of it are much more.

Slant Is...

giving hints about which acts and albums are on the list, via Facebook, in the days leading up to the start of the list. Portishead was the first to be teased.

With the love Slant has for Madonna's Erotica, I expect it to appear- and probably Ray of Light.

Am sure we'll see Lauryn Hill, Radiohead, R.E.M., Nirvana, etc.- probably PJ Harvey, Bjork, etc.

Re: Slant Is...

It's not perfect (what is?) but I like it more than Pitchfork's list. Would have liked to see some Built to Spill, Modest Mouse, and Guided by Voices.

Album list better have tons of Blur!