I love cokemachineglow lists. Pitchfork may be more "important," but cmg is consistently the best place for finding new music, at least in my opinion. Their eoy list this year is again, excellent. I highly recommend it to someone who wants to broaden their horizons into underground hip-hop and electronica, and even indie rock that doesn't fit into the "big indie" mold. Here's my predication for the T10:
10. The National - High Violet
9. Teebs - Ardour
8. Surfer Blood - Astro Coast
7. Das Racist - Sit Down, Man
6. Beach House - Teen Dream
5. Women - Public Strain
4. Frog Eyes - Paul's Tomb: A Triumph
3. Flying Lotus
2. Big Boi - Sir Lucious Leftfoot
1. Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Pretty positive this is the top ten, not 100% on the order of course.
I agree SR. Great list so far too. Delighted to see van Etten, Warpaint and Menomena. I'm not sure how much love those three will be getting in the overall EOY standings, but they deserve more than they will.