Go to the NEW FORUM

Critics' lists
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: EOY 2010 eligibility thread

Shaun
How do I treat Aftenposten and other publications which have more than one list?
I'd say it's fine if you just add the international list at this stage and indicate that it's an international list in the column header, for example "Aftenposten - international".

Henrik, a lot of new lists have been posted since last week's eligibility update - it might actually be easier to note the ones that AREN'T eligible, as I recognize most of these sources from previous years.

Harold Wexler
Henrik, a lot of new lists have been posted since last week's eligibility update - it might actually be easier to note the ones that AREN'T eligible, as I recognize most of these sources from previous years.
Sorry, I just haven't had the time to look at this, as we're having family coming to us over Christmas. I will look at this as soon as I can!

Henrik
Harold Wexler
Sorry, I just haven't had the time to look at this, as we're having family coming to us over Christmas. I will look at this as soon as I can!

No worries, Henrik. Enjoy the holidays!

Henrik, I'm not sure how Boomkat is eligible - it appears to be a record store, not a critical blog. It's an interesting list, but I have doubts about its eligibility.

Harold Wexler
Henrik, I'm not sure how Boomkat is eligible - it appears to be a record store, not a critical blog. It's an interesting list, but I have doubts about its eligibility.
I have my doubts too, but there are a few record stores that I have included over the years - Rough Trade, FNAC, eMusic, Rhapsody, Amazon...

Sorry for the delay of the eligibility decisions. I think I will find time tonight.

Henrik
Harold Wexler
I have my doubts too, but there are a few record stores that I have included over the years - Rough Trade, FNAC, eMusic, Rhapsody, Amazon...

Sorry for the delay of the eligibility decisions. I think I will find time tonight.

Sorry to poke my nose into something that clearly doesn't involve me, but if it's good enough for Metacritic...

http://features.metacritic.com/features/2010/music-critic-top-ten-lists-best-of-2010/?tag=supplementary-nav;article;3

Have Eye Weekly (Canada), Blitz (Spain), Rumba (Finland), or Gaffa (Denmark) posted any lists?