Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Movies, politics, whatever...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Infatuation

What do you do when you have a crush on a girl but you are too shy to talk to her?

Re: Infatuation

Listen to Pet Sounds.

Alex D
Listen to Pet Sounds.

if this were facebook, i'd "like" this.

I was going to say Motley Crue...

Michael
Alex D
Listen to Pet Sounds.

if this were facebook, i'd "like" this.

Spencer Reiss likes this. Also, The Queen is Dead might be a good choice.

You don't give a lot of details about your situation, but fundamentally you need to get into a position where you can engage the target in conversation. If you are in an academic setting (university, high school, community college) try to sit next to her in class, and attempt to engage her in conversation. Ask her about a recent homework assignment. Act like you forgot what pages to read. This is a harmless "in" in which you establish communications with your target. From there you can attempt to widen the conversation. Keep it casual and light. Those are my general tips, ive got others if your interested...

When I was single, I took this approach to such situations. Mind you, I wasn't very successful in dating until I met my wife. I used to be very timid about approaching girls I liked, but then I figured that actually doing something about it could lead me to one of 3 situations:

(1) The girl reacts in horror and is rude. In that scenario, I'd figure that she wasn't the kind of girl I had envisioned her to be, so I was ultimately better off finding out sooner rather than later.

(2) The girl kindly lets me down. This is probably the toughest of the three scenarios, as it isn't so easy to simply move on when you care for someone. However, at least it would kill the false illusion that I stood a chance, so I'd eventually come to terms that I was better off knowing.

(3) She likes me too. Great!

Of course, until I was 23, I only experienced scenarios (1) and (2), but hey, I still tried my best.

And a few rules to live by (from someone who breaks them a lot):

1. The goal here is not to communicate that you like the girl, but rather to make the girl like you. Show off your good side/redeeming qualities.

2. Don't be a jerk. Rudeness, cursing, even not saying hi to her after you start talking to her are probably going to bring you down the ladder. Err on the side of caution. If you tease her, do it lightly. If you're having a bad day don't take it out on her and if you do man up the next time you see her and say you're sorry.

3. If you get to Moonbeam's option 3, don't let the opportunity slip. If she's a really special gal, show her you think she is. Don't play hard to get if she likes you back, you'll just discourage her and she won't want to date you. If you miss out, it'll be ten times worse than the feeling of not being able to talk to her.