The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Movies, politics, whatever...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Films of the '90s: 1992

How do you find out your #1 TCI? All I can find are some random 50 TCIs, plus when I click on a user's name the TCI updates to something much higher.

I'm frazze.

Henrik
How do you find out your #1 TCI? All I can find are some random 50 TCIs, plus when I click on a user's name the TCI updates to something much higher.

I'm frazze.

To get the list go to the 'You' tab, then to 'Best TCIs'.

The TCI list doesn't update in real time, but it updates the moment you load a person's profile page. When I first started I had the same problem, but once all those out of date TCIs are updated the list should stabilize.

As discussed in the 1991 topic, despite being something like 1500 minutes long, Heimat 2 is in fact eligible. If anyone wants to change their vote because of this, feel free to do so.

I might as well post now, since I'm only waiting on Baraka and Rebels of the Neon God, which have a total of 34 points between them.

1. Malcolm X
2. Resevoir Dogs
3. The Story of Qiu Jiu
4. Man Bites Dog
5. Army of Darkness
6. Hard Boiled
7. Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
8. Lessons of Darkness
9. The Player
Bram Stoker's Dracula (1 point)

I've just finished watching the second episode of "Die Zweite Heimat" and I'm very tempted to put it in first place. Not only because it'll give me some more time to watch the whole thing before the finale, but also because it's seriously awesome.

I'm wondering whether this is acceptable or not though..

Stephan
I've just finished watching the second episode of "Die Zweite Heimat" and I'm very tempted to put it in first place. Not only because it'll give me some more time to watch the whole thing before the finale, but also because it's seriously awesome.

I'm wondering whether this is acceptable or not though..

Once you get to the episode where Hermann plays the piano for 2 girls, or the episode where the camera doen nothing else but move through a party, or where the San Marco square is under water, you won't ask yourself these questions anymore, but simply put it there.

Bah. A couple of posts got deleted because Bravenet reverted back to an old backup. Here are the results again:

Title (Director) - Points/Votes/#1s
1. Reservoir Dogs (Quentin Tarantino) - 427/11/4
2. Unforgiven (Clint Eastwood) - 236/8/2
3. C'est Arrivé près de chez Vous [Man Bites Dog] (Rémy Belvaux & André Bonzel) - 199/6/2
4. Glengarry Glen Ross (James Foley) - 125/6/0
5. The Player (Robert Altman) - 123/8/0
6. Malcolm X (Spike Lee) - 117/5/1
7. Wayne's World (Penelope Spheeris) - 116/4/1
8. The Crying Game (Neil Jordan) - 115/6/0
9. Bad Lieutenant (Abel Ferrara) - 96/3/0
10. Die Zweite Heimat (Edgar Reitz) - 90/2/1

Two films I definitely need to see, one I'll decide whether to see later, one I really want to see but don't necessarily want to spend 25 hours on. Pretty good results, but I still wish more people would venture outside the rich countries more.