Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Movies, politics, whatever...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AMF Fantasy Baseball 2010

There was demand for fantasy baseball in the demographic thread, so I finally got around to creating a league for forum members.

It's on Yahoo: go here, click "Join Custom League," and then type in ID# 498003 and password "baseball." If you have any trouble joining, just ask.

This should be fun. I'm hoping for at least 8 teams, with a draft date Sunday, March 28 (this can change if you guys want it to). Also, it would be fun if your team name was some sort of music reference (mine's Massive Attack for now because it sounds cool, but I need to get more creative).

Re: AMF Fantasy Baseball 2010

Philly Gold Soundz are in!

I'm in. I haven't done fantasy baseball in a long time.

Great to see 4 people signed up already! Great team names, too. Tell me if you have any issues with the draft time.

With less than 10 players, I recommend that we limit the draft to either the NL or the AL.

Henry
With less than 10 players, I recommend that we limit the draft to either the NL or the AL.

I've always done mixed, but we can do one league if people agree. At this point, we need at least four more players.

Also, you guys want roto or head-to-head?

Yikes, we need more than 5 for baseball. I'm a huge baseball fan, and fantasy baseball might be my next biggest geek obsession outside of music.

John
Yikes, we need more than 5 for baseball. I'm a huge baseball fan, and fantasy baseball might be my next biggest geek obsession outside of music.

Agreed. If necessary, we can get our friends from outside the forum to join the league. But I think we should be able to find at least three more baseball fans on AM--or, ideally, five more.

Unfortunately, it's rare that people check the Misc forum here. I don't know how to get the word out.

Jackson
Henry

I've always done mixed, but we can do one league if people agree. At this point, we need at least four more players.

Also, you guys want roto or head-to-head?

The league that I have participated in before does not have team versus team daily competitions, but instead each team is compared on accumulated statistics as the year progresses. My conjecture is that this is referred to as "Roto" - but I am not sure.

Henry

The league that I have participated in before does not have team versus team daily competitions, but instead each team is compared on accumulated statistics as the year progresses. My conjecture is that this is referred to as "Roto" - but I am not sure.

Yeah, that's right. I've never done it that way before because I think head-to-head matchups are more fun, but I'd be open to doing it either way.

Not everyone reads this forum, so maybe a notice in the main forum would mean more participants.

That said, I neither have the interest, the knowledge nor the time to participate. Have fun though.

Say hello to team #6, the Atomic Dogs!

If we get less than 10 I agree that we should go AL or NL only and I'd vote NL.

Man you should have started it earlier I already joined 4 leagues.

John
If we get less than 10 I agree that we should go AL or NL only and I'd vote NL.

I'd go with the AL. They've won the all star game too many times in a row.

You guys can invite friends who aren't on AM to join the league. I'd like to keep the draft on Sunday the 28th, so we need at least two people to join this week.

Jackson
You guys can invite friends who aren't on AM to join the league. I'd like to keep the draft on Sunday the 28th, so we need at least two people to join this week.

I am not sure if the draft is happening and if so how it is to be conducted. If possible, please help us get clued in to how you expect to conduct the draft.

It's an online draft. Right now it's scheduled for Sunday, March 28th at 2pm US Eastern time. Just go to the league homepage at that time and there will be a link to the draft application.

Still only six members now, so we'll either do AL or NL only or move back the draft.

I plan to participate in the draft. How long will we wait for stragglers?

Unless two new people join by Sunday, I have decided to make it an AL-only league. A six-person league is just way too small for an entire MLB league, every team would be loaded. I hope we can get two more, but at this point, I doubt it.

I'm not going to be able to draft live, but I will set my list for auto-draft. Even if we do get 8 I still think we should do AL only.

What time is the draft taking place? I can't check Yahoo at work.

Jackson
Unless two new people join by Sunday, I have decided to make it an AL-only league. A six-person league is just way too small for an entire MLB league, every team would be loaded. I hope we can get two more, but at this point, I doubt it.

Please indicate how we can participate in the draft; particular URL, method for inputting selections, etc. Perhaps the draft is going to proceed as an auto-draft, e.g., where Yahoo makes the selections for us based on our preferences and a pre-determined drafting priority. I would appreciate some clarification about the draft method.

Please let us know whether we expect to have daily head-to-head competitions (as indicated on the Yahoo league site as far as I can tell, or if instead we will compete based on cumulative statistics (I have a slight preference for the latter).

I have set my preferences on Yahoo, and the list no longer includes National League players. Thanks for making this adjustment.

Draft is tomorrow at 2 pm US Eastern Time. Henry, just go to the league page about ten minutes before the draft and you'll see a link to the live draft application. It's not an auto-draft. I have it set to a weekly head-to-head league right now because I think that format is more fun and competitive, if less fair.

I haven't autodrafted a team in a long time. Now I remember why I hate it.

John
I haven't autodrafted a team in a long time. Now I remember why I hate it.

Autodrafting does suck, but it could have done you a lot worse than giving you 5 elite SPs. You're in better shape than the other autodraft teams, which all got shafted in pitching.

Anybody want to do this again? I'd love for more participation this year.

I'll do it this year!
I only missed last year because I was already in 4 leagues.

I'll do it again but only if there's more than we had last year. A league needs to have at least 8 preferably 10 to be any fun.

John
I'll do it again but only if there's more than we had last year. A league needs to have at least 8 preferably 10 to be any fun.

Agreed. Six was awkward even with the AL-only, especially with a couple owners that didn't check their teams regularly.

So are we gonna do it or not?

I'd guess that's a no...

I decided to start one
http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/goodmusic

Password is password, and make your logo an album.