Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MEGA-CRITIC COMPETITION JULY : THE CLUES

Guess (Deadline = 25th) the highest entry in this month´s Mega-Critic-Top 50-Chart (Publication = 31st) as well as its position (as a tie-breaker) and enter the chance to win a CD.

As this month is record wise one of the weakest in years, the winner can choose a CD of his/her own choice.

Guesses so far (can be changed until the 25th):

SR : Dead Weather at # 09
BillAdama : Rural Alberta Advantage at # 15
Robert_Carter : Discovery at # 11
Alex D : The Alchemist at # 11
Daniel : Levon Helm at # 07

From the above guessed acts only two have entered the Top 150 so far, and are not doing to well.

Better concentrate on last month´s bubblers, one of them having entered the Top 50 in the lower third as the highest new entry for the moment, and three more gaining places below the Top 50.

From the new CDs only two are doing well for the moment : one by a soviet-born singer/songwriter, the other by two American DJs.

Good Luck !!!

Re: MEGA-CRITIC COMPETITION JULY : THE CLUES

DJ Quik & Korupt #30

I'll take Regina Spektor- Far at #14

Sorry, the DJ-Duo is not pure American, but British and American.

Major Lazer at #27

I'll change mine to the Dead Weather at #20.

Sunset Rubdown at #24

STEFAN
Sorry, the DJ-Duo is not pure American, but British and American.

Mn. Well, now everything I think is likely to win I already have, so I'll go hail-Mary.

Magnolia Electric Co. #20

I have no clue now. Give me Regina Spektor at an even 30.

I'll also go for Regina Spector, #12.

Since Florence and the Machine are the odds on favorite to win the Mercury Prize I would have picked them dispite the fact that they sound like all the female british popstars coming out of the UK. But since they're NOT on Metacritic I'll go with...

FUTURE OF THE LEFT @ #13

TIM : Future Of The Left entered the Mega-Critic-Top 50 last month at # 41.

And you´ll be save to not go with Florence, as she most certainly will not enter the chart. But then she´s for the second week running # 2 in the official British album chart and a Mercury Price is probably worth more than good reviews.

I've heard a lot of people say that Florence and the Machine sounds like every other British female pop star... I don't get it, to me it sounds much different. That jazz and soul act is getting old (never really liked that much to begin with) and I don't hear it in F+TM.