Put a Pin on the Map View my Forum Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Albums always appearing on the 100 greatest albums of all time lists that are not at all overrated

Kind of Blue, Electric Ladyland, Are You Experienced, Revolver, and I'm you can come up with others.

Sgt.Pepper=overrated

Re: Albums always appearing on the 100 greatest albums of all time lists that are not at all overrat

I'll give you Born to Run and Highway 61 Revisited. In my book they deserve every place they get.

Re: Albums always appearing on the 100 greatest albums of all time lists that are not at all overrat

RAR
Electric Ladyland, Are You Experienced, Revolver

Revolver is the ultimate album of popular music styles, so it's only fitting when it tops majority of the "greatest albums" lists. Well mainstream mags and dinosaurs like Rolling Stone and VH1 give Jimi his due, I find that a lot of the "hip" sites (this one included) don't give him nearly as much respect as he deserves. Hendrix's two rock cornerstones are nearly universally praised and rightfully so. Though I wouldn't be the one to make it, I could see a hypothetical album where AYE and EL are the two greatest ever.

OK Computer deserves all the acclaim it gets. Same thing with Bob's classic albums, Born to Run, and The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars. London Calling universally tops "best of 70s" polls and that's prob true.

Exile on Main Street - Overrated much in the same way Sgt. Peppers is, only SPLHCB is home to A Day in the Life, this website's #1 song, Exile is devoid of such a classic.

awwww, i love exile. i think it's wonderful.

i think that bullocks is the most overrated, i think it's definitely important, but not top 10 in any way.

Trout Mask Replica appears on most lists but is underrated, and Tapestry is underrated on this forum.