Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Some Questions I hope you can answer.

Okay here are some questions I've been wondering about AM for a while. Hopefully one of you can answer me.

1. Why does the Saturday Night Fever Soundtrack count as a Bee Gees album when there are about ten different artists of the album itself? In the album listing it's ranked as a soundtrack, but under the page for the Bee Gee's it's listed as one of their albums.

So if I was going to list the album on one of my lists would the artist be "Various Artists" or "Bee Gee's"
And furthermore, why doesn't a soundtrack count as a compilation album????

2. Why does Jay-Z get dual credits for "Umbrella" but not "Crazy In Love"?
Seriously.

If you can answer these, then thank you!

Re: Some Questions I hope you can answer.

1. Well I just thought that, since the album contains six Bee Gees songs, it's nice to have Saturday Night Fever listed among the Bee Gees albums. But it's in fact only 6 out of 17 songs, so I should probably remove it. I'll think about it!

Weren't most of the songs recorded for the soundtrack? I only see it as a compliation if most of the songs had been released on the artists' previous records.

2. Jay-Z is credited for "Umbrella" but not "Crazy In Love" because he is credited on the single cover of "Umbrella" but not the "Crazy in Love" cover. But I will add the credit for "Crazy in Love" as well.