Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rate and rank 69 love songs

Mine would be:
1. Disc 1 = 4.5*
2. Disc 3 = 4*
3. Disc 2 = 3*

Whole greater than the sum = 4.5* overall.

Re: Rate and rank 69 love songs

Slightly different order:

Disc 1: 4.5
Disc 2: 4.0
Disc 3: 3.5

And here I was thinking we were gonna rank them all. Not that I would have been able to do that, but still. Not sure on the discs, I can't listen to 69 songs of Magnetic Fields straight so I just have them in my shuffle list, but I do know that "Papa Was A Rodeo" is the best song on the album.

Couldn't agree more, Stephan. It's been a while since I've listened to all the songs, but "Papa was a Rodeo" is brilliant.

It's hard for me to rate on numerical scales because usually I think in terms of tiers. Large groups of albums about the same quality, only there are way more than five or ten tiers.

So I'll just say, 69 Love Songs is probably on the outskirts of my top 100. Usually I try to listen to all three back to back and don't start to get bored till late in disc two. There are so many gems I couldn't possibly list them. They cover the full range of emotions associated with love. It's musically unique and lyrically clever. Just a great album.

"Love is like...jazz...you make it up as you go along...and then act as if you knew the song..."

Who else has ever written lyrics like that?

"It's divine, it's depressing...and it's almost entirely...window dressing..."

yes, truly one of the great records of our time

Disc 1: 5 Stars
Disc 2: 5 Stars
Disc 3: 4 Stars

Overall: 5 Stars

and i agree, Papa Was a Rodeo is the best track here.

Heck, I would be willing to rank all 69. I'm a relatively new listener, though, so I'll have to do a little research.

Experimental Music Love would probably be #69 though.

Interesting. I think disk 2 is by far the weakest, but I would say that Papa Was a Rodeo is the best track on that disk. Probably wouldn't make my top 15 on the entire album though.

It's just too damn much to listen to at one time. I doubt many people can listen to 3 hours of music straight without their attention dwindling. My favourite track is 'All Your Little Words'

Midaso
It's just too damn much to listen to at one time. I doubt many people can listen to 3 hours of music straight without their attention dwindling. My favourite track is 'All Your Little Words'

I have music on practically all the time when I'm at home and not doing anything that involves audio. Heck, sometimes when I'm playing video games or watching sports I mute the TV so I can play music!