Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Interesting concert in my hometown.

So the Quart Festival rose from the dead, and what are they serving this summer?

Nothing less than a quite interesting show with a still growing ensemble. It's a supergroup show with Slash, Ozzy Osbourne, Ronnie Wood and Jason Bonham. Ozzy is world exclusive for 2009. In my hometown, Kristiansand, Norway's fifth largest city with 75000 inhabitants. That is pretty amazing.

Other artists coming are Black Eyed Peas, Marilyn Manson, Placebo, Korn, Chris Cornell, Volbeat, Dillinger Escape Plan and Cyndi Lauper (yes, really).

Re: Interesting concert in my hometown.

Finally, Ozzy and Cyndi Lauper will debut their cover of "Endless Love." There won't be a dry eye in the place.

My band used to play shows with the Volbeats way back in the 1990s. Never made it to Norway though. Farthest we got was to Toledo.

Many very interesting bands will have concert in Helsinki in the summer.

I have already bought ticket to
Madonna
Flaming Lips + Mogwai

I definetely go see
TV on the Radio
The National
Fucked up

I may go to
Kraftwerk
Deerhunter
Primal Scream
Deerhoof
Flow festival (# Lily Allen (UK), # Ladyhawke (NZ), # Yann Tiersen (FRA), # Roots Manuva (UK), # New Young Pony Club (UK), # Frida Hyvönen (SWE),# Fever Ray (SWE),# Nitin Sawhney (UK), # Final Fantasy (CAN)
# Collie Buddz & The New Kingston Band (BER/JAM), # Seun Kuti & Egypt 80 (NGR), # Hypnotic Brass Ensemble (US), # Jazzanova Live (GER), # Vivian Girls (US) etc.)

So I guess there's no need to go any festivals outside Helsinki area in this summer.