Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Does anybody else (#2)

Similiar to the other Radiohead thread, does anyone else want to see OK Computer in the top 10 albums? To me, it freaking rocks, and every rock band since it came out has pretty much been influenced by it in one way or another. If it knocked out London Calling I don't think I would be all that sad.

Re: Does anybody else (#2)

How about knocking out "Never Mind the Bollocks"? It really isn't an enjoyable listen, even if it is/was influential.

If it knocked out London calling, I would be immensely sad, though "Ok Computer" definitely deserves a top ten spot, if not top five. I'm going to have to agree with Penguin and say "out with Nevermind the Bollocks..."
It's good, but terribly overrated. If I had it my way, it wouldn't even see the top 50.

It should definitely be in the top 10,and it will be in time. Nirvana or the Pistols should be lowered...

OK Computer wont pass Are You Experienced or Highway 61 Revisited any time soon. OKC is an incredible masterpiece, but both AYE and HW61 are musically perfect albums. They're on another plane. All 3 are better than the pistols....

I'd love to see OK Computer in the top 10, not that being in the top 10 would justify its greatness (because we already know it's a masterpiece), but because it truly deserves it. And if something in the top 10 has to go, it would be Sex Pistols.

OK Computer should be at #1. From a musically genius standpoint, there is no other album that compares.

OK Computer is very far from my top 10. I haven't really done alot of thinking on my own top 100, but I don't think it would make it past top 50.

It would be great to see OK Computer in the top 10, hell I'd be happy with a #1. But I still hope Kid A will triump in deacde end lists and become #1...lol...Liekly wont happen, but I can live with OK computer

No, but I'd say yes to Prince's 1999 being in there.

yeah, i think it should be top 10. definitely one of the best albums of all time

Well, yeah, I think it should be top ten, but holy cow...what's going on with the Sex Pistols here? Bollocks might be a little overrated, but it's still a wonderful album. I've listened to it probably every few months for over 25 years and I have yet to get tired of it.

I'd much rather boot Sgt. Pepper or What's Going On out of the top 10, but that's just me...