The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Out of These 100 Songs...

61 currently are ranked in the top 3000; 12 are Bubbling Under; and 27 currently aren't ranked in the top 3000. So, this group of songs actually isn't as acclaim-challenged as one might think upon first glance.

One strange thing I noticed- there are songs "Bubbling Under" that only have 1 citation (though the last update)- i.e. Liz Phair's "Never Said." This list would give it a second citation, but I doubt it would be enough to ghet into the top 3,000 (especially with others bubbling under that have more citations- though that could depend on weightings and such).

Greg...

Paula Cole's entry is "I Don't Want to Wait."

Like said, there are 27 entries not even listed as Bubbling Under, so I can't see this list giving them too much of a boost, especially if a track has two all-time/era citations with a "No Order" credit, say this one and that 7,500 Most important Songs. But again, I imagine it depends on weightings of some lists.

Re: VH-1 Greatest Songs of the 90s

"Greg...

Paula Cole's entry is "I Don't Want to Wait."

Ugh..missed that. Don't really care that much about one. "Cowboys" is a good tune though.

Re: VH-1 Greatest Songs of the 90s

JR, I don't know if that was a serious proposal, but there's no way I would include only one half of a list. Especially if that half was decided by listeners.

From What I Recall...

there may have been 25 or so other initial nominees (like the one for the 1980's).

What I was saying is, to take this list of songs and use a "No Order" citation- if there were 125 songs on the initial list, we have 80% of them listed here, a good amount more than half. Maybe give it less weight, since there are some songs missing?

(would have been nice if I copied the initial list of nominees into this thread as I did for the 80's one; a lot of posted links have expired)