Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Wild, The Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle

Imo absolutely does NOT deserve being 657! It is my second favorite Springsteen album and sometimes contends for my favorite work of his. This album is 7 excelent and full songs that are really very beautiful, ESPECIALLY "Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)" which, for reasons i cannot comprehend at all, is currently unranked on AM! Rosalita is a masterpiece of a song if i ever heard one and is on one masterpiece of an album.

This album needs some love! I hope you guys agree.
Here's Rosalita for you guys.

Re: The Wild, The Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle

i suppose my biggest dissappointment is rosalita. at least the album is ranked.

Yes I agree it's ranked too low and is a great album. IMO one of the,if not the greatest summer album ever.

FAR too low ! It's my #47 (but only fourth favorite BS album behind Darkness (2), Nebraska (7) and Born to Run (11))
But something tells me I'm not the most objective person when it comes to Springsteen

NYC Serenade is a great great song

Happens to be my favorite Bruce album as well.

And I'm really only lukewarm on Springsteen--not that you could tell from my votes for Best Moderately Acclaimed Album this week, but my second favorite Bruce album, Tunnel of Love, also happens to be in the 601-700 block.

In '73, Springsteen was just some kid whose major talents, honestly, were showmanship and bandleading (and I mean that as a compliment). Once people starting hailing him as some kind of blue-collar Dylan, I think he started straining too hard. It wasn't until 1987 that he actually sounded like an adult, rather than a Jersey Shore rat trying to be Tom Joad.

I also agree that it is far too low. This is one of his very best and several eminent critics say so as well. But then, there are just so many albums that are ranked too low, or not ranked at all. No point in complaining about all of them.

An excellent album. I still think Born to Run, Darkness, Nebraska, and Born in the USA are better.