Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
March Madness

Of course this has nothing to do with music, but for the Americans out there, I'd like to see if anyone wants to post their brackets for the NCAA tournament again this year. This is one of my favorite times of the year, so maybe I'll see some friendly competition again this year.

If anyone wants to join, then I can probably score the brackets. This had a decent turn out last year, so I think it'll work again this year.

As for the non-Americans out there: The NCAA tournament is a huge one-elimination college basketball tournament in the US that is probably the biggest source of illegal gambling in the country. Also, it's still possible for you to win a bracket a win: most of the time there's a great deal of luck involved.

Re: March Madness

I'll play again this year but I'm glad you offered to score.

i'm in, even though my team's not

I'll play. Go Duke!

I'll play. Go anyone but Duke!

My alma mater actually made it this year- the University of Utah. They could get past Arizona (how on Earth did the Wildcats get in?!), but I can't see them taking down Wake.

Count me in. How exactly will you be doing this? Are we to e-mail you a bracket? Or perhaps it would be easier to go through something like Yahoo's "Pick 'Em" game? I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud here.

Oh, and since my team didn't make it this year, I'll be more interested in the NIT this year. Go Cougs!

The easiest way would be to go through Yahoo, but we could just post our brackets here too.

Matt, is that UH or Washington State?

I went to UH, although I have several other rooting interests this year—Texas, although they’re clearly having an off year, Missouri, from whence I transferred to UH after my sophomore year, and Binghamton, the school that employs my brother and which made the dance for the first time (so of course they got Duke in Round 1).

It looked for a little while like Penn State (where I went to grad school) might finally get in, but once again it turns out that you can’t spell Nittany Lions without NIT.

I'd be for Yahoo. That way it would be automatically updated. Everybody has a Yahoo account these days right?

No, sorry. Not Houston. I'm a WSU fan through and through. Everyone is going ga-ga over Saint Mary's and how "they should be in the NCAA," but I'm picking us to knock them off... But then, I am a little biased...

Go Memphis!

And it's sad that while basketball is gaining all the attention in the U.S., European soccer is getting shortended in this country. Go Liverpool!

Well, I think Yahoo is the best idea. All you need is a Yahoo account and then you can join the league. I created a group:

ID number: 161953
Password: am

I'm in.

Yep. I'll sign up. I haven't had time to figure out my brackets yet (still trying to find time to get the HOA rolling again), but I'm pretty sure I know three of my Final Four, and my national champion.

I'm in, should be fun again.

Okay, I'm in. Thanks for setting this up.

I'm filling mine in now...

I'm picking Purdue to go all the way. I have no idea who's on their team. However, my company has a number of large offices in Connecticut, so if I have any chance of winning my office pool, it's by betting against UConn going far, and someone else from that region winning it big. I'll either win big or lose hard.

Nice work picking the championship game right Moonbeam!

Thanks! It was a nice bout of luck, to be sure!