Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My girlfriend will be on TV tomorrow night

So my girlfriend is actually going somewhere with her modelling career. Tomorrow night she'll be on Norway's biggest commercial TV station, TV2, in prime time.

The TV show is called Gullfisken ("The Gold Fish"), and is an annual award show for the last year's best TV ads. The show usually draws around 800,000 viewer, which is quite much in a country with 4,5 million inhabitants.

My girlfriend will be dancing onstage with the band DDR, a comedy act featuring some of Norway's best known comedians. The song is 99 Luftballons in new wrapping. The onstage show will copy the video as far as possible. My girlfriend is not in the video, though. She was ill when they recorded it.

Here's the video! (NB! Youtube says it's not suitable for minors, so viewer discression is advised :)

Re: My girlfriend will be on TV tomorrow night

Oh, I forgot. Take That is also performing on the show. Maybe I should have locked her up instead. Or maybe I should be more worried about Hayseed Dixie, who'll be there too..?

You lucky, lucky man...

Now I've seen the show. It was pretty cool. My heart went BAMBAMBAM before it started, but it was a good show. And I'm very proud of her.

There were 12 girls on stage, but I could see my girlfriend several times.

And good news, you can see it all here. It's free (at least for now)

http://webtv.tv2.no/webtv/sumo/?treeId=3700005&progId=285395

My girlfriend has long, blond hair, and a tattoo on her left shoulder. She is also the only one there without silicone tits.

what does her cameltoe look like??

That's a really stupid question. Why don't you write normal stuff like the rest of us?

This is what passes for entertainment in Norway?

Yes, but elitists may find it offensive, stupid or discriminating towards women.

I'm not able to see it! I think there may be some software that I need, but I don't know Norwegian.

It's on youtube now as well:

That song easily wins the 2009 Eurovision song contest!

The lead singer reminds me a bit of Stefan Raab, if you add a few extra kilograms. Raab is a popular TV personality in Germany, 'popular' in the sense of trying to be very funny but not really being that ...

As for the music, I still prefer the original from Nena (who is my girlfriend!).

That's a really stupid question. Why don't you write normal stuff like the rest of us?

sure, Rune, that question WAS stupid. but let's be honest...
why don't you have a natural sense of shame like the rest of us..??

seriously puzzled, nj

It must have been cool to see your GF on TV, Rune! Very cool performance!

Which one is she? I didn't see any tattoo to identify her, and there are a lot of blondes!

Oh nj, be nice! It's not every day one of us has a significant other give a public performance!

oh, MB, you soothing settler and ya gaddamn conciliating pov's....

At 1:32 she dances behind a dark haired girl, 1:40 she dances with the same girl, but we only see her from behind.

At 2:22 you can see her at the top of the screen, on top of the singer, and at 2:47 she falls over the same guy, and again at 2:52.

And, netjade, I have nothing to be ashamed about.

Somebody has something to be ashamed of...

Well, that woman is a comedian. If she has something to be ashamed about, then so does every other actor. Anyway, what's with all the shame around here? If you just loosen up, you'll have a much easier life.

Awesome, Rune! That must have been cool to see her on TV!

they are all comedians, right?? noone can take this seriously.

Thanks, Moonbeam. Yeah, it was very exciting. The theater they performed at is Chat Noir, the most legendary of all stages in Norway. There are people who all their lives have dreamt of performing at that stage, so it's fun for her to actually have done that.

Dr Robban,

There are three comedians. Berit Boman, the female singer; Atle Antonsen and Johan Golden, the two men. The rest of the band, I believe, are hired musicians, and the girls (and the almost naked guy) are models.

I was just joking around. Sorry man. Your girlfriend looks great.

No problem, Paul. I just don't understand why people expect other people that do something a little out of the ordinary, to be ashamed of it.

ok, after all: Rune, please don't get me wrong. and I think Andre has put it very well: people like him or me are a bit/lot(?) overstressed by music/comedian acts who play hard to die funny - when they actually don't.
the whole "Look how Rock I am by being Raab" has faded to a tired pile of Raabish for us (yeah, great pun!) by now, so it hasn't much to do with your girlfriend at all.
hence my first comment did aim at the peeping camera direction which basically meant to me:
more abdomen than shoulder & tattoo'em... ha ha ha... 99 lustballoons ... ha ha ha...
growl... oooh, ok there they go...
ha ha... that's where all the düsenjäger
crash into, right?... ha ha, oh god, yeah, sure, hahaha! right into her
big
fat
aspects of being famous.
with half a glimpse
of it all...

sorry for being that way,
have fun, both of you

I'm confused. Are there two Runes? One who asks about what summer festivals people are going to and talks about his family taking up his time and his "little missus." And another one who has a girlfriend and is responsible for this thread. Or are they one and the same person?

well, basically every male in Scandinavia is named Rune. I just pick one every month or so and call him and his wife/girlfriend a sell-out. and then - about two weeks later - I apologize to each of them. it's easy as that. any problems with that, ya complication-fetished yankee!??

(kidddinnng)

Ha.

Ha.

(I really feel like adding some Steve Carrell into this "scene")... good night..

No problems now that you've cleared it up. We can always count on you to get straight to the heart of the matter and simplify any confusion. Good night, and good luck.

P.S. I'm only half a Yankee, though, not having been born or raised left of the Atlantic.

oh, ok..... sple-endid, that does make you half a baby-killer AND half a baby-eaterr!

(pshhh, how many levels did this ironic hihi vs hoho thingy game actually reach by now?? I need some rest, seriously..)

It's the same Rune. We do have a family which takes up some time, but we're able to combine family time, work and the occasional model job, because she thinks it fun. Besides, this was an important venue, because the audience consisted of the entire Norwegian commercial society. If she wanted a chance to get into TV ads, she had to be there.

Oh, and I'll easily admit this isn't the funniest thing I've ever seen, and the whole DDR concept isn't really amazing, but he is actually quite funny. There are lots of bad comedians, especially stand-up comedians, in Norway, but Atle Antonsen is one of the better ones. Except for this band.

Here's an excellent example of great comedy. It's partly in English, so I think you'll get it:

And by the way, Rune is the 21st most common male name in Norway. Jan, Per, Bjørn, Ole, Kjell, Lars, Arne, Knut, Svein og Hans are the top 10.

As someone who jokes a lot about the Danish language (which is a pretty common thing to do here in Sweden) I thought this was hilarious.