Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Are you going to a festival this summer?

Yes, I'll be going to The Camden Crawl, The Great Escape and Glastonbury!

I wish I could go to a festival, but there were two major problems last time I went to a festival (Bonnaroo a few years ago).

1) Impossible to escape the smoking

2) Standing up for ten hours a day for three days in a row, straight up, without moving around, left me with horrible lower back pain.

If there's a festival with seating near the stage and smoking bans, and there's a good enough lineup, I'd consider going. But then there's also the issue that festivals seem to hate coming to New England and I can't afford to increase the cost much. (Half the tours even seem to skip it.)

Being that it's in my town, every year I go to Musikfest in good old Bethlehem, PA. It's not your typical indie-and-college rock fest, it's more adult and less hipster-oriented, but it's free, except for the big concerts, that is. I usually see one major act per year, 2 years ago was B.B. King (awesome but rainy) and last year was Earth, Wind & Fire (just awesome). Definitely great times, and I'll be back again. People on the East Coast, or anywhere, go, it's worth it, if only for the free music and our gorgeous downtown.

I think I'm going to try to go to one this summer. The problem is, I probably have to drive at least 7 hours to Chicago to go see a good one. Probably Lollapalooza depending on the lineup.

I'm headed down to Bonnaroo for my 4 time and also going to make the trip cross country to see Coachella at long last.

no smoking?! that's not very rock'n'roll, bill!! maybe you should go to a sissy festival instead!! (kidding)

seriously though, the day i can't smoke in an open-air venue...

anyway, i'm trying to make it down to SXSW next month
and in january i'm gonna try my damnedest to make it to festival au desert...anybody ever been?

greg :
even in France you can't smoke in restaurants now.
Well, that's a good thing (even more now that I quit smoking and have kids). But banning smoke in open air places would be a little too much...

I'll be going to Sasquatchat the end of May.

A yearly, dearly-loved excursion!

It's almost sure I will go to Benicassim, but I'm also thinking about going to Airwaves Festival in Iceland, has anybody gone to this one before, looks like lot of fun !