Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Singles...

http://www.villagevoice.com/pazznjop/singles/2008/

Did I...

overlook that the singles list was posted? Ah well, nothing wrong with reinforcment.

Too bad the P&J site doesn't have archives anywhere on the site (at least that I can see). Not that we need to look through more than a couple of hundred or so- it gets rather silly seeing how long the lists are, when so many albums/tracks get a single year-end mention.

Re: Village Voice

Getting worse with each year. Which baby boomers will be making the top 40 in 12 months? Yawn.

getting more valuable each year (or at least holding while everything else gets worse). it's always one of the year's best lists and one of the few where you'll find both great "adult-alternative" albums and great black music in the middle ranks (the top is the same as other lists) which other publications are too cool to even consider/don't care about because it's too popular (i assume what this is what mitchell's baby boomer comment refers to...)

Personally I'm not bothered by VV's US-centric 'world' view or that that many critics are considering the new album form Ray Davis / Springsteen / R.E.M. etc etc as being worth my time.

yeah, that's what i mean

I find Village Voice's poll is one of the more useful polls out there, although it's got it's clear biases like any publication. Rap acts and more previously established acts have an easier time getting to the top. But, at least six or seven of it's top ten are usually quite good albums.

If were Bob Dylan were ever to get through a year without recording a new album/finding some crap at the back of the wardrobe, the staff at Village Voice would steal his answerphone tape and put it in their top twenty.

Its not the VV staff; but I get your point.

"Getting worse with each year. Which baby boomers will be making the top 40 in 12 months? Yawn."

Actually this is why I find this to be a more INTERESTING list. While I realize that any list that attempts to discount any music made by anyone under 30 is missing some great talent, so is one that excludes everyone OVER 45.

In other words, that Al Green album IS pretty good.

There are a lot of dinosaur acts on this list, but the only one who's seriously undeserving is Randy Newman. There's plenty of younger ones too. Three of the top five or pretty young acts and the other two started in the nineties.

And Nick Cave completely deserves top ten.

And Bob Dylan's last three studio albums *were* some of the best few of their years.

Vocally you have a great tone and really good control on the high notes, a great overall performance vashikaran tantrik baba

Thanks for sharing a wonderful information which I am looking for a longer period of time. get your love back

If you’re a business owner with a fleet of big rigs, you know how important it is to have a reliable truck repair service you can count on.

tire service

I was surfing the Internet for information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. Instagram followers count

I obtained way too much fascinating things on your blog site. I think I am not the just one having all the enjoyment below! Maintain the great.
Architectural consultants in dubai

I check out a lot of blog posts, however I never ever listened to a subject like this. I Love this subject you made regarding the blogger's bucket list.

interior design companies in dubai

First You obtained an excellent blog. I will certainly be interested in even more comparable topics. I see you got really very valuable topics, I will be always inspecting your blog site thanks
dda dubai

Thanks so much for this fantastic new website. I’m very fired up to show it to anyone. It makes me so satisfied your vast understanding and wisdom have a new channel for trying into the world.
itc approval

So, whether you’re stranded on the side of the road or want some routine maintenance done, give us a call now.

semi truck air brake service

Trust us to keep your rig running smoothly and safely.

San Bernardino Onsite Truck Repair

We recognize that breakdowns can happen at any moment, so we provide 24/7 emergency repair services.

El Dorado Hills Bounce House Rental

I find this blog to be incredibly insightful and valuable. Thank you for sharing such well-written and informative content. Turnkey Interior Fitout

Your blog provides invaluable insights, and I truly appreciate the depth of information it offers. Well done on delivering such informative and engaging content! Fitout Approvals