Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Movie Credits Music - Favorites and Hopes

I'm not a mad genius music-game making machine like schleuse, so I can't inject a whole lotta life into this forum. But given the movie discussions that have been brought into the mix, I want to start a discussion on your favorite music during the opening or closing credits of movies.

I would personally be more interested in music NOT recorded specifically for the movie, because it's interesting how filmmakers adapt previously recorded music to complete their cinematic visions, and in turn invoke a little subtle nostalgia among film-viewers that serves the movie well. But don't follow my strict rules if you don't want.

AS A FOLLOW UP, how about a wish list of music you'd like to hear in opening or closing credits. Music that you really think would be a tremendous opening or closing sound for your future favorite film. We should start a seperate thread strictly devoted to scoring the next Quentin Tarantino film... Tarantino more than any other director really got me crazy over awesome film music. This will also be a chance for you film buffs to remind if a song I suggest has actually been in the credits for a movie before!

I'll think of more but first...

1. The Who's "The Seeker" opening The Limey
2. Lovin' Spoonful's "Summer In The City" opening Die Hard With a Vengance
3. Allman Brothers "Midnight Rider" opening Devil's Rejects

WISHLIST

1. "Running Scared" by Roy Orbison - perfect short song, ideally for the beginning of some troubled adolescent indie drama

2. "Beyond Belief" by Elvis Costello - I think song would perfect in bookending a movie. Just split the song in half, and have the movie begin after the title is sung for the first time. Then as the victorious protagonist drives away, fade in the music and have the credits roll as Elvis begins to sing "IIIIIIve got a feeling... I'm gonna get a lot of grief".

3. "Daybreaker" by Electric Light Orchestra - For some hip Mad-Max type movie, at the beginning credits.

Re: Movie Credits Music - Favorites and Hopes

Oh, I hope this doesn't ruin some movies for more. I guess I should say SPOILER alert in the loosest of terms.

Misirlou- Pulp Fiction
Where is My Mind?- Fight Club
Lust For Life- Trainspotting
The End- Apocalypse Now
Bohemian Rhapsody- Wayne's World
Don't Stop Me Now- Shaun of the Dead
Sweet Emotion- Dazed and Confused

just some ones that came to mind.

the two queen songs aren't in the credits of the movies. i just realized that. sorry for my mistake.

damn! nick took misirlou from me!
that song starting off pulp fiction pretty much wins any debate over this, ever.

Sigur Ros - Vanilla Sky. I'm not sure the name of the song. Njosnavilin, the credits were small when I looked it up. I did however find the symbal () beside it, thats how I found the song afterwards. However, the album version is slightly different. I think the movie version was live, or at least it sounded live.

Anyhow, that song, and that movie. Tom Cruise jumping off a building. Brang some tears to these eyes. One of my favourite movies.

Cameron Crowe is one of the best directors at incorporating msic into film. Scorsese is great as well. LAYLA in Goodfellas is the greatest music/movie moment ever.

I don't remember which oldies classic opened The Crying Game, but that set things off well.

And "I Just Want to Celebrate" at the beginning of Three Kings.

Every song closing The Sopranos.
Those guys (David Chase, Steve Van Zandt) were walking encyclopedias.
And hats off to Scorsese, the guy who first used non-original music for his soundtracks

after all, and yes: Put On Your Sunday Clothes...

+6BiggestBubble_Runners (in an unimaginatively narrative order):
_Pretty Song. The Strawberry Alarm Clock
_Pussycat Song. Connie Vannett
_Gollum's Song. Emiliana Torrini
_Push It To The Limit. Paul Engemann
_Round And Round. Ratt
_Troll 2 end credits. (OST)

The Clash's "Death or Glory" to open up a movie about nuns who turn tricks to raise money to save their convent.

troll 2!!!!!

Another perfect credit music and a great surprise. When In Rome's "The Promise" at the end of Napoleon Dynamite.

Tangerine- Led Zep. Ending of Almost Famous.
Miss Misery- Elliott Smith. Ending of Good Will Hunting.