Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AM Pazz & Jop Songs of 2008 - Overview

While the last forum members are finishing their lists for the album version of the AM Pazz & Jop 2008 poll,
here we go in parallel with the songs version. This is the overview thread (only), with the main procedure and links
to the forthcoming threads.

The procedure is slightly different from the album version, because we will do this songs poll in 2 rounds:

Round 1 : Nominate your favourite 20 songs from 2008.

-> Announcement with additional infos (time schedule, rules, etc.) as well as results will come in separate threads.

Songs with the most nominations will qualify for Round 2 and the song that
finishes at spot #30 will determine how many songs qualify:
- If the #30 song only got 1 nomination, than all songs with 2 or more nominations qualify.
- If the #30 song got multiple nominations, let say X, than all songs with X or more nominations qualify.

Round 2: From the qualified songs, submit your favourite 10 (the Pazz & Jop style).

-> Announcement with additional infos (time schedule, rules, etc.) as well as results will come in separate threads.

Have fun with all the listening and sorting it all out!

Re: AM Pazz & Jop Songs of 2008 - Overview

And .. action: Round 1.

Make your nominations heard to the other forum members by posting your recommendations.

It's February, so time for the results of round 1.

For more details, have a look at the first round's individual lists.

And, you know what, round 2 has just started.

Round 2 has come to an end now, meaning we have a winner!

Check it all out in the results thread.

And here you can find the individual top 10 lists.

Henrik, I have all data in one Excel file. Should I send it by e-mail to you, so you can post it here? Or should I just e-mail to all posters?

With posters I mean voters, of course ...

Mail sent to you, Henrik.

The two phase concept with the nominations and the recommendations thread, in my opinion, has been a successful approach.

The second round started off with 45 songs, each with at least 3 nominations, so the likelihood of each song getting points in the second round is large.

And if we look at the #1's in the individual lists (or the first mentioned songs), there are no clear winners either:
- White Winter Hymnal, Mercy, Viva La Vida and The Rip all got 3 first places
- Machine Gun and Mykonos got 2 first places
- not less than 12 other songs got mentioned once at first place.

But more important is, that we all had some fun sharing and listening to some decent 2008 songs!

So, a proven concept, if you'd ask me. Do you agree? If so, I would be most happy to do this again next year ... that is, of course, if you let me?

Anyway, organizing this was just great!

I agree with you, Andre, this concept (also used in our decade polls) is the most funny and fair way of making this kind of polls! It led me to discovering some really nice stuff, specially that amazing The Week That Was song and Cave's Dig! Lazarus, Dig!.