Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Forum Poll: The Best Albums and Songs of the 1980s (Grand Finale)

Just sent mine.

How many votes were there for the 90's poll?

I just checked the Excel file:
39 participants for the 100 albums of the 90's
34 participants for the 100 songs of the 90's

We'll have at least 20 for both. Probably not gonna get 39, but 20 isn't bad either.

Just sent my list

Stephan I sent my list before Christmas and you replied to me. However I don't see my name in the list of people who have sent their lists (and I'm not the Adrian).

Just emailed mine in.

Sent again, to both of your e-mail accounts. I also sent CC to myself and was able to open document with all the rankings intact.

Sent!

List sent!

And happy new year to all AMers!

Just sent mine as well.

I'll send mine within the next 12 hours! Hope I'm not too late.

I'll be watching the results with great interest, but after a few attempts at trying to come up with a ranking, I decided I'd just be a spectator. I mean, apart from being pretty sure I'd put Imperial Bedroom at number 1, I wasn't sure where to go next--Let it Be? Pretenders? Murmur? It Take a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back? Graceland? Joshua Tree?

Anyway, happy New Year to you all.

pop elton: My mistake, I only copied the list of people on my albums list. Your votes were counted!

For everyone else: I've been quite busy lately, and I will be even more busy in the next week(s), so it'll probably take a few days to get all the rankings in order and get a format for the posting. I will start posting as soon as possible though.

Happy new year!

The final list of submittees (if you're not on here but did send me a list, please let me know as soon as possible):

Adrian
Netjade
Fred
Honorio
otisredding
Harold Wexler
pop elton
BillAdama
Snusmumrik
Sonofsamiam
Midaso
Jonah
Henrik
Michel
Andre
SuperFurry
LonesomePanda
Mitchell Stirling
Nicolas
tremolo
Rocky Raccoon
Greg Rumpff
Greg
Toni
John
Moonbeam
Stephan

27 ! not bad at all

Yes, that's representative enough. And the list is mainly filled with the usual AM forum suspects among us.

Well, I agree, 27 is not bad and is quite representative, but I was hoping for more participation. And not only in this poll, maybe during the last months the activity on the forum is slightly slowing down, games so fantastic as HOA or Beatles Survivor got less participants than previous games. And AYCOADB abruptly ended after my participation on 2000, nobody followed.
So I’ve counted the monthly participants on the 80s poll only to find that my previous theory is only partially right (or basically wrong if you want it). These were the results:
1980: 35 participants in the albums poll and 31 in the songs poll.
1981: 34 albums and 31 songs
1982: 35 albums and 30 songs
1983: 32 albums and 27 songs
1984: 31 albums and 27 songs
1985: 32 albums and 29 songs
1986: 33 albums and 27 songs
1987: 30 albums and 28 songs
1988: 31 albums and 27 songs
1989: 33 albums and 28 songs
So, as you can see, only two participants less in 1989 than in 1980. Anyway it would have been nice reaching to the mean of voters (by the way 32.6 in the albums poll) or even surpass it. We need that some of the young people that it’s coming to see the end of year lists and introducing themselves at the demographics thread takes a step further and begins to participate in our polls and games.
One surprising thing for me is that there were 4 participants less in the songs polls (the mean was 28.5). Having today tools as Youtube or Songza it’s quite easier to listen to songs rather than albums. Anyway, it’s been a wonderful poll again and I’m sure the results will reach the usual quality levels of any other of our polls. So happy new year for every AMer!!