Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
EOY-MEGA CRITIC COMPETITION NO. 3 (US)

Guess (Deadline = December 27th) the highest new entry into this month´s EOY-US-Mega-Critic Top 150 (Publication = January 2nd) as well as its exact position (as a tiebreaker) and enter the chance to win that CD.

At the moment (December 23rd) the following five acts seem to be the best bets :

Clue to Act 1 : First full-length album from a Montreal, Quebec based Indie-Rock trio with a female singer/guitarist, whose bassist left to play with ´Dears´.

Clue to Act 2 : Second CD from Hip Hop artist and MC, born as Curtis Cross in Detroit, Michigan.

Clue to Act 3 : The Mael Brothers (Los Angeles, California) 21st longplayer is a late bloomer in the US, after having conquered Europe and the UK earlier this year.

Clue to Act 4 : UK electronic multi instrumental artist, born as Ben Jacobs with his third album.

Clue to Act 5 : 22 minutes self-titled debut from an all-female lo-fi garage rock trio from Brooklyn, New York with candy-swell vocals and great bangs.

If nobody gets the right answer, the CD goes into the Jackpot of Competition No. 4, which will be online tomorrow.

Good Luck !!!

Re: EOY-MEGA CRITIC COMPETITION NO. 3 (US)

I know what the first three clues are but I haven't heard the albums or heard much about them. Not sure what the last two are.

Kanye West at #44.

I'm going Vivian Girls at #31

Can't say I know anything. Max Tundra at 50, I suppose.

Fennesz at 34

Sparks at #44 !?

I'll go with Kanye West at #33, because I'm intrigued to hear it but expect to strongly dislike it, and it's the only way I'll ever acquire it.

No Kanye, you're not the voice of a generation. The voice of a generation hears more than a short summation of a problem before writing a song about it. The voice of a generation doesn't hijack a charity fundraiser for his own egotistical politics. The voice of a generation isn't autotuned.

Vivian Girls at 36