Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
EOY-MEGA CRITIC COMPETITION NO. 1 (EU)

Guess (Deadline = December 25th) the highest new entry into this month´s EOY-EU-Mega-Critic Top 150 (Publication = December 31st) as well as its exact position (as a tie-breaker) and enter the chance to win that CD.

At The moment (December 21st) the following five acts seem to be the best bets :

Clue to Act 1 : Danish Exile American, sometimes Efterklang member, whose Longplayer is an ode to his homeland Portland, Oregon.

Clue to Act 2 : Experimental Indie-Rock Quartet from Manhattan, NYC, whose CD-title is dedicated to a holy girl, beheaded in the 7th Century.

Clue to Act 3 : Hardcore Punkrock 5-piece band from Los Angeles, sometimes disguised as a Mexican Mariachi band with their third selftitled album.

Clue to Act 4 : Mr. Desser, Canadian Singer/Songwriter, who used to be the supporting artist for Feist´s US-tour with his fifth Longplayer.

Clue to Act 5 : Openly lesbian Hip-Hop-Duo from Tampa, Florida, whose CD includes a track about having an orgasm while you piss.

If nobody gets the right answer, the CD goes to the Jackpot of Competition No. 4 (Wednesday)

Competition No. 2 (UK) will be online tomorrow.

Good Luck !!!

Re: EOY-MEGA CRITIC COMPETITION NO. 1 (EU)

As for this one: Gang Gang Dance at 40. I have to say that I'm familiar with almost none of these acts.

Gang Gang Dance again for this one at 37.

I must also say Gang Gang Dance at #42.

Due to the Holiday-Season the deadline has been extended to December 28th !!!

If Fennesz isn't on the list already, I'll guess that. Even though I already have the album.

And err...if anybody else guesses Fennesz just give the tiebreaker to them. I just like winning stuff.

The Bronx at 43

I'm guessing the Gang Gang Dance too at #28.