Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dear Science gaining ground on Fleet Foxes s/f

The lists that are starting to come in now are showing strong seport for dear science. If this trend continues, we might have another tv on the radio ; record of the year. It looked like Bon Iver could be the upset. My money is on Dear science.

Re: Dear Science gaining ground on Fleet Foxes s/f

I think its fascinating to be able to see how the various albums move up and down Henriks spreadsheet as the various end of year list are added. if you compare it to Stefans monthly updates list they bare a striking resemblance down as far as abotu 20th after that there are a few albums that have really struggled so far in the end of year madness; The gutter twins album in particular is languishing way down.

With DEAR SCIENCE scoring the #1 spot in both ROLLING STONE and now SPIN, it's becoming apparent that TVOTR is probably going to end up with another Acclaimed Music "album of the year" - and by a more commanding margin. I will be shocked if the album doesn't top the Idolator (they're still doing it this year, aren't they?) and Pazz & Jop polls.

Are the top 4 (Fleet Foxes, Dear Science, Vampire Weekend, Third) basically locked now?

Don't underestimate MGMT ...

I think Hendrik is counting that and Bon Iver for 2007 though. On the excel sheet on the front page has 2007 in red next to them.

ok, than you're right, the rest is already far behind these 4.

MGMT s definately a strong contender for top 5. However Kings of Leon seems to have alot of 1st's, and Dig lazarus dig can't be flagged out yet, foreign critics loved grinderman. With alot of those list to come, it could be a force for a top 5 position. Santogold is gaining ground as well.

For your info, Harold, we're not doing an Idolator poll this year.

I really hope Kings of Leon don't remain in the top 10..

People kept saying Arcade Fire were going to have two #1s back to back and now look where they're at.

Time will tell if Neon Bible will beat out In Rainbows. Hell LCD soundsystem still has a strong chance. Arcade Fire in my opinion obviously had the more important album of the bunch. In Rainbows was the best of the year, LCD was the coolest. This decade is very undecided. dont be suprised to see changes when the decade lists start coming in.

In Rainbows is bound to be overshadowed by Kid A. with Hail to the thief and Amnesiac out there as well. In rainbows could get barried. Unless critics are willing to put alot of Radiohead mentions in there polls we are liekly to see some of there albums drift lower becasue of this.

I'm not sure In Rainbows will be overshadowed by Kid A in the long run. I think both of them together will overshadow Amnesiac and Hail To The Thief, but In Rainbows has the buzz from being the internet 'pay what you want' release, and it's the least weirdo-experimental sounding since before Kid A.

I think In Rainbows will appear on far more all time lists than Neon Bible, and will eventually prevail as year end #1.

I don't know if Portishead is going to be as high as expected. It might be *my* #1 of the year, but usually you see it as like #10 or #15 or something on all the lists.

So how many albums from this year are going to make it into the top 3000? I've got to think at least 30 are going to slip in.

I'd be happy with 10...lol...But it likely wouldnt be the 10 I'd choose.

Back to the original topic. Now you can see the distance between the albums. The scores are in column H.