Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Justification of new EOY sources

Last year I included 135 critics' sources in the EOY spreadsheet. I don't think this site will gain anything by including even more lists this year and therefore, for every EOY source that wasn't included last year, I need a justification that the list is just as important as the already included lists.

The justification doesn't need to come from the person posting the list, so feel free to keep posting those lists!

Re: Justification of new EOY sources

I should add that with "new source" I meant a source that isn't included in this spreadsheet of albums from 2007.

Paper magazines will always be added (given that it's a critics' list and not by a single critic). It's all the webzines that are in the grey zone.

Now pending: Culturedeluxe

Also pending is Gigwise. The Fly should probably be included as it is a (free) monthly magazine.

FYI Henrik
The site leschoses.com, one of the sources in 2007(column CU), hasn't published anything since May. So you can remove/replace it it from your sources list.

Hello, the site "leschoses.com" become "goutemesdisques.com". I don't know why !
Have a good day.

New sources to be justified: Aversion, Consequence of Sound.

I guess giving the Atmosphere album some love is not enough for justification? I wish it would.

The site "leschoses.com" his really down !
It's "Liability.com" who becom "goûtemesdisques.com".

I need to hear from someone about the importance of Detroit News. And I also need to know if the list was combined from several critics, or just from one person.

Detroit News isn't up there with the New York Times or anything, but Detroit is a major city. Not sure if it was a single critic or not, but the article does say "our" in it.

I guess Detroit News should be included then.

How about ?

*Fishpork

Honorio, I might decide to include it later, but for now I'm adding jenesaispop to this thread.