Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2007 A Year To Remember!

I think 2007 was perhaps the greatest year for music this decade. We had so much grade innovative stuff, and I'm still not finshed with it. In my eyes there is a huge idfference in the quality of music between last year and this. I know 2009 is going to have alot to offer, and I hope we go out on a bang. It however will be hard to top last year.

Radiohead - In Rainbows - One of the great records of our time.

Arcade Fire - Neon Bible - Will likely go down as one of the most inspirational records of the decade.

LCD Soundystem - Sound Of Silver - Bringing dance music back to the dancefloor with some grit, wit, and grim. The Echoes of this record will last a lifetime. Maybe the most important record of the year.

MIA - Kala - Retired or not (who knows) This is one talented woman. Paper Plains is one of the greatest hip hop songs ever.

Panda Bear - Person Pitch - This album is Alien. It doesnt quite feel like it could be from this planet. THATS ITS GENIOUS. Person Pitch will likely be remember like LOVELESS was to the 90's.

The National - Boxer - We got a replacement for Springsteen, Leonard Choen, Nick Cave, Lou Reed, and many more in just one band. The National are rising stars

Battles - Mirrored - Flaming lips on crack, but with a way cooler drum sound. Battles is one of the most innovative bands to come out in a long time. They'll need a few more masterpieces, but I think there on there way.

Feist - The Reminder - Those of you that think we are at a lack of female talent in the music industry need to pay attention. Feist is the real deal, and is one of the few reasons I have left to feel proud to be Canadian.

The fact is the list goes on. GRINDERMAN, PJ HARVEY,ANIMAL COLLECTIVE,WILCO, etc.

It was amazing year!

Re: 2007 A Year To Remember!

I wholly agree!

2007 has at least two or three albums that will probably land on my next all time top 100 list.

Paper Planes is a great song, and it's on the soundtrack of a movie that deserves best picture but is going to lose it to yet another film that gets overrated because it happens to hit on current hot political topics!

(That's right, I'm calling it. Milk gets best picture, despite Slumdog Millionare being way better.)

You have a point. And not to mention that five of my personal favorites--Beirut's The Flying Club Cup, Jens Lekman's Night Falls Over Kortedala, Les Savy Fav's Let's Stay Friends, Patrick Wolf's The Magic Position, and Andrew Bird's Armchair Apocrypha--didn't even make it to AM's top 20 of that year.

And I think most of the albums on that top 20 still deserve to be there!

I like some other 00 years better. It was a great year for those who like their tunes melancholy and moody. '08 was another moody year but it all seemed recycled. Maybe it's the political climate that shaped the mood of the music... I know I usually like my music a little more upbeat. Not always, but it seems like we've just been bombarded with depression.