The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Q Magazine EOY 2008

A few bad lists from Q and Blender doesn't make this a bad year. There are dozens and dozens of great albums not on those lists.

Michael is right. This was not a bad year. It's just that most of the high profile artists disappointed, and those are the albums getting the attention. You've got to look for the good stuff, but it was certainly there.

One tip is to look outside of the UK and US.

Oops, I meant Mitchell is right.

So is BillAdama, by the way.

You are right Kevin,

True that Fleet Foxes (EP/LP) + TV are some of the few "grade A" albums of the year. IMO, only Deerhunter and Hercules & Love Affair deserve the same praise. I consider ALL the other 2008 albums as "LIST FILLERS". (maybe I am being a little harsh here... :) ).

ML

I dont know what you lot are on about... Only by night is fantastic, just because the youth have embraced the band, doesn't mean they aren't making good music. Kings of Leon are ultimately, a band which makes great music and is loved by the public (in the UK). Give Only by Night to me any day over Dear Science. But not Return to....

When something goes wrong with your truck’s transmission, it can be a real headache.

emergency roadside truck repair

Then we’ll fix things right up.

belts and hoses replacement