Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: UPDATE : 01/11/08 : MEGA-CRITIC : Best Reviewed Albums Of 2008 So Far (With Competition)

My vote goes to The Fireman (Paul McCartney + Youth).

Re: UPDATE : 01/11/08 : MEGA-CRITIC : Best Reviewed Albums Of 2008 So Far (With Competition)

Oh ok, thanks for the clarification. I figured you were gonna put in EOY lists like you did last year, but that was before it was called Mega-Critic.

Following up to Henrik's comment, in addition to Girl Talk, Of Montreal has placed on 3 EOY lists while only managing a ranking of 99 on the review list.

On the flip side, the second best reviewed album of the year (Portishead) has managed to place on only 2 lists (relatively low I might add) and Hercules and Love Affair (7th best reviewed is only on 1 list so far).

But what I think is most surprising, is even though it is VERY early, there is already a strong correlation between the reviews and the lists. In looking at the top ten on both the reviews and the lists, they share SEVEN common albums. I suspect that bond will become stronger as more lists (as well as possibly more reviews) come rolling in. So Stefan...I very much look forward to your monthly updates, and hope they continue for a long time to come!

Following on Doug's last sentence:

No matter the fate of Henrik's AM site (whether he indeed stops updating after next year or not), I hope that STEFAN continues Mega-Critic, either here or on a site of his own, because right now it's my main source for critically acclaimed albums. I find it better than RYM and metacritic. If this ends together with AM, I won't know where to go for music reference!

I'll say Amadou & Mariam at number 25. Hopefully it gets enough reviews.

Hey! would it be possible to temporarily add the megacritic lists to the EOY lists, then?

SuperFurry:
I'd have guessed Amadou and Mariam, but since it's currently available solely in the Us I doubt it will recieve enough reviews to make the list.

Amadou & Mariam recently got reviewed in the NME and Uncut, so who knows?!