The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Album of the year? (Early Votes)

I'm really surprised that people are already making their end of year list while the new Guns'n'Roses "Chinese democracy" is not still not released.

free dr pepper!

1- Hercules and Love Affair
2- Fleet Foxes + Sun Giant EP
3- Microcastle
4- Dear Science
5- Lucky Old Sun
6- Vampire Weekend
7-
8-
9-
10-

The 4 bottom spots are still open for upcoming suprises of 2008. Yet, I am very disappointed by the quality of 2008 so far (same for the movies, imo).

I think this year seems very "dim" compared with 2007 highlights. For example, I liked Hercules very much but it would probably have ranked 5th or something if it had been released last year :)

For me to buy a record that is 'exclusively' released through only one retailer, it would have to be practically Appetite for Destruction caliber.

Usually I'd agree with you, Bill. I've boycotted any album that's ever been released exclusively through a single retailer. But this is Guns 'n' Roses' "Chinese Democracy," only the most time-consuming, expensive, anticipated album of all time. Sure, it won't live up to the hype, how could it? It would have to be "Revolver," "Blonde on Blonde," "London Calling" and "OK Computer" all rolled into one to do that. But nevertheless, for me anyway, it's one not to miss.