Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Do we collectively own the entire top 3000 albums

i bet we do, but let's see anyway.

RULES:
- do not post that you own albums until all of the albums before it have been accounted for.
- you must own a physical copy of the album. either a CD or LP. downloading it does not count even if you paid for it. (no offense intended to those who download music. i'm just trying to make this as difficult as possible. i think it might be too easy still)
- post a range of albums, for example: i own from 1 to 14. just makes it easier to read.

i guess we'll fly through the first few hundred, maybe even the first thousand, but it'll get more interesting later on.

ok, so i can't help much, but i can provide from 1 to 14... i don't own the white album yet...

Re: Do we collectively own the entire top 3000 albums

I can help you with White Album CD (#15), but Ziggy Stardust (#16) is only available on tape.

I have Ziggy Stardust but not Born To Run (#17)

I own #'s 1-1453. The first album in the top 3000 that I don't physically own, in some CD form, is ANOTHER SIDE by Fingers Inc., which is apparently - if the obscenely exorbitant prices this house-music album commands on Ebay are any indication - the rarest album ever made.

In a few cases, I don't -technically- own the original albums. HERE'S LITTLE RICHARD was out of print when I started using AM as my collector's bible - but the entire contents of that debut are included on the anthology THE GEORGIA PEACH. Similarly, I own a Johnny Burnette compilation that contains the entire ROCK 'N' ROLL TRIO album. As for the Otis Redding/Jimi Hendrix MONTEREY POP FESTIVAL album, which to the best of my knowledge has never been released on CD: I had disconsolately resigned myself to the fact that I was never going to have it when, perusing Otis' DREAMS TO REMEMBER anthology, I suddenly realized that his five Monterey tracks were the final selections in the set. I bought it, ordered Hendrix's LIVE AT MONTEREY (out of print) on Amazon, and store the two next to each other.

In case you didn't realize it by now, I'm just the tiniest bit obsessive-compulsive. I assume you also realize that I have the vast majority of the albums -after- #1454, as well. (Including the rest of the top 2000, give or take a Ronettes anthology which has to stand in for PRESENTING - 10 of 12 tracks included.)

So many of the stores where I used to buy CDs have closed within the last two years that I could never amass a collection like this if I was starting now, unless I wanted to do it -all- through Amazon and blow out my credit.

Well Harold, I guess you can send us the list of albums you DON'T own and we will see if we have all of them

We should rename this thread into:

'Do we collectively own the top 3000 albums Harold is obsessively looking for?'

*sigh* i thought this might happen, but i didn't think it would be to this extent... so does anyone have any ideas as to how we could still make a game out of this?

by the way, how on earth did any record store within a 50 mile radius of your house go out of business!?!? ... don't mind me. i'm just jealous :p that's a very very impressive record collection there! to you

There are top 3000 albums that rare?

Heh, and I was annoyed at *Rock Bottom's* used cost.

Is Crazy Rythyms still really out of print? I only have a burn of my dad's copy.

And has Neil Young finally allowed Time Fades Away to be released on CD?