Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MEGA-CRITIC-COMPETITION OCTOBER : THE CLUES

Guess (Deadline = 25th) the highest entry into this month´s Mega-Critic-Chart (Publication = 31st) as well as its position and enter the chance to win that CD.

Another rather weak month with lots of more or less average acclaimed releases. Some of them still need a few scores to come near the actual Top 50.

At the moment (October 21st) the following five acts seem the best bets :

Clue to Act 1 : Electronic Hans-Peter, a former two months bubbler, who became famous outside of his native Norway under his surname.

Clue to Act 2 : Last months bubbling Folk/Country/Independent band from Austin, Texas, who´s name originates from Russian waters.

Clue to Act 3 : Last months bubbling Desert-Rock band from Tuscon, Arizona named after a city in Imperial County/California.

Clue to Act 4 : Space-Age Exotica from a Spanish artist, who´s real name is Pablo Diàz-Reixa.

Clue to Act 5 : San Francisco Indie-Pop band fronted by husband/wife Greg/Satomi.

Guesses noted so far :

Paranoid Android : Deerhunter ´Microcastle´ # 18
Andre : Oasis ´Dig Out Your Soul´ # 13
BillAdama : Of Montreal ´Skeletal Lamping´ # 12
Abdul : Of Montreal ´Skeletal Lamping´ # 13
htims : Deerhunter ´Microcastle´ # 20
Bug Eyed Earl : Fucked Up ´Chemistry Of Common Life´ # 19
Sean Pak : Deerhoof ´Offend Maggie´ # 22

Good Luck !

Re: MEGA-CRITIC-COMPETITION OCTOBER : THE CLUES

Oh no, I'm new to this thing, and I didn't know "highest new entry" could also mean albums that have already been out but are bubbling under, or I would have chosen Act 1!!

Well, too late. I'll stand by Deerhoof.

Stefan allows you to change your vote.

I will go with Lindstrom at #47

I'm thinking Deerhoof at 19. Pretty weak month...

Question, Stefan: Are you planning to list the Bob Dylan album on Mega-Critic? Technically, it's probably eligible, consisting as it does of previously unreleased material. Just wondering. (I suppose that eventually, this will become a question for Henrik as well.)

^ I was also wondering about the new Dylan as well. Glad you brought it up.

It sure is getting much praise.

Well, my vote for Oasis was right at the beginning of the month, without even having heard it. And now that I did hear it, it's clear that it's a nice album for Oasis fans, but not that great or sparkling new ...

So, if possible, I would like to withdraw that vote.

From the five acts listed above I only know Lindstrom and I even like it. Not gonna vote for it though, may John win that CD.

No, I'm gonna vote for The Week That Was at #41, naively hoping this will all happen in the last 10 days of the month ...

The Week that Was at #23 !

Deerhoof at #21

If Dylan is eligable I change my vote to that at #15.

Because it's the one I don't have yet.

Oh man... Deerhunter's Microcastle is getting awesome reviews! Not sure if it's even eligible for the next update since it just came out yesterday, but if it is, I truly regret not picking it.

Deerhunter at #11

Deerhunter's already #9 in my comparison based rating, and that's with a limited number of reviews.

Of course, Lindstrom's #13. So you never know.

I'm sure Deerhunter isn't eligible... right..? I mean, the official CD release was after the deadline to submit a vote here.

Oh well, I love Microcastle. If there's one album I wouldn't mind losing to, it's that one.

That wasn't a vote, it was a comment.

My original vote stands, unless the Bob Dylan is eligable in which case my vote changed to that a few days ago.