Put a Pin on the Map View my Forum Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Who do you listen to or prefer the most on this list?

This is Last F.M top five most listened artists and some notable names.

1- Coldplay
2- Radiohead
3- Metallica
4- The Beatles
5- Red Hot Chilli Peppers
13- Oasis
15- Led Zeppelin
29- The Rolling Stones
30- Bob Dylan
130- The Velvet Underground
161- Elvis Presley

Re: Who do you listen to or prefer the most on this list?

1- Coldplay - Never.

2- Radiohead - When I'm in the mood, which isn't often.

3- Metallica - Never.

4- The Beatles - Hardly ever, since I know all of their songs by heart. No point in playing the CD unless I'm trying to expose the kids to good music.

5- Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Never.

13- Oasis - When it comes on the radio.

15- Led Zeppelin - When I'm waxing nostaligic for the old days.

29- The Rolling Stones - When it comes on the radio. Suffers from same "problem" as Beatles, though I do not have every Stones song memorized.

30- Bob Dylan - Often. I don't get tired of Bob.

130- The Velvet Underground - Rarely, though I like it when I hear it.

161- Elvis Presley - Same as VU.

1- Coldplay- A couple songs off their first two albums
2- Radiohead- OK Computer and everything after. Fake Plastic Trees is really the only one I like on the Bends and I don't care for Pablo Honey.
3- Metallica- The new album, Load and everything before. Ride the Lighting is one of my favorite albums (Just picked up the remastered 180 Gram vinyl).
4- The Beatles- Everything
5- Red Hot Chilli Peppers- A couple songs mostly their early stuff but I don't really listen to them.
13- Oasis- Hardly ever listen to them
15- Led Zeppelin- II, IV and a few other songs.
29- The Rolling Stones- Early singles and various other stuff.
30- Bob Dylan- Other than Highway 61 I don't really like a full album but I like at least 100 songs.
130- The Velvet Underground- Most everything they released but I don't get into the live stuff or the bootlegs.
161- Elvis Presley- A handful of songs.

Conclusion- All of these bands have great songs except for Oasis IMO. Oasis has some decent songs though like Don't Look Back in Anger and Go Let It Out. I just don't listen to them much anymore.

1- Coldplay

I tend to give their albums a few spins.

2- Radiohead

Frequently.

3- Metallica

I listen to their 80s albums once in a while.

4- The Beatles

Frequently.

Bloodsugarsexmagik gets the occasional play.

13- Oasis

Rarely. And when I do, only a few of their singles.

15- Led Zeppelin

Frequently

29- The Rolling Stones

Frequently

30- Bob Dylan

Frequently. (Probably the most)

Frequently

161- Elvis Presley

Occasionally.

1- Coldplay: I enjoyed them a lot more back in 2002 when I thought they were heir to the throne of greatness. Since then it's been a rocky road of mostly squandered potential (although, the new album isn't terrible). Chris Martin is a turd though.
2- Radiohead: brilliant. Greatest band of the last 15 years. The last band since Nirvana to change the landscape of pop music.
3- Metallica: I don't know. Their music does nothing for me.
4- The Beatles: geniuses, yep. Gods, absolutely.
5- Red Hot Chili Peppers: a few decent songs, but they've been rewriting their own catalog since 2002.
13- Oasis: my 4th most-played artist/band. They've been mispresented from the git-go, and unfortunately shit on because of it. Noel's writing is deceptively simple on the surface, but it's classic pop songwriting through and through. Problem is, most people don't have the ability to see it.
15- Led Zeppelin: Stairway is classic; IV is great; II is good too.
29- The Rolling Stones: I can appreciate the hell out of it, but...
30- Bob Dylan: my 25th most played artist, which surprised me when I discovered that. Not bad, considering I don't listen to anything from him post-'66.
130- The Velvet Underground: just like some people hear don't "get" Radiohead, I don't get the VU. And it certainly ain't for lack of trying.
161- Elvis Presley: it's a rare exception that I listen to someone who didn't write their own music. The Pelvis is not one of those exceptions.

For my purposes, the artists on this list can be divided into four groups:

1. Artists who I go through phases of listening to every few years, but when I do, I binge (Beatles, Stones, Dylan, VU).

2. Artists I was fond of once but hardly ever listen to anymore (Coldplay, RHCP, Oasis).

3. Artists I seriously dislike (Metallica, Led Zep).

4. Artists I'm OK with but they sometimes feel like they're a duty rather than a pleasure (Radiohead, Elvis).

1- Coldplay
Made a few cool songs, but quickly get on my nerves. I don't listen to them most of the time.

2- Radiohead
I find Radiohead a bit inaccessible sometimes, but I definately enjoy their albums. Fav. song is "Wolf at the Door".

3- Metallica
Never

4- The Beatles
I listen to some Fab 4 on a regular basis.

Not really. My GF likes them. Give it away is funny. The guitarist deserves mention though.

13- Oasis
I often listen to their best (anthological?) singles : Wonderwall, Live Forever and Don't look Back in Anger. I also like Sad Song and All Around the World.

15- Led Zeppelin
Like Radiohead, I don't like ALL of their songs, but I listen to their best quite often (Led Zep IV, Achilles Last Stand, Dazed & Confused, Rain Song, Whole Lot of Love, etc.)

29- The Rolling Stones
I don't know all of their songs but I often listen to their MANY great singles

30- Bob Dylan
Not familiar with his most recent works, but I enjoy listening to his earlier catalogue.

One of my favourite bands. Banana album is my favourite and I enjoy VERY much listening to White Light/White Heat also.

161- Elvis Presley
Not really

A Day without RADIOHEAD, is a day wasted.

True Kevin

Well in order of most listened to down to least listened to I'd estimate:
1)Radiohead
2)Bob Dylan
3)Rolling Stones
4)Oasis
5)Velvet Underground
6)Beatles
7)Elvis Presley
8)Led Zeppelin
9)Coldplay
10)Red Hot Chilli Peppers
11)Metallica

I've wasted about 99.6% of my life.

1- Coldplay
On radio and tv. I don't own a cd with them, but I've seen them live twice.

2- Radiohead
Not very often. I got OK Computer lying around here somewhere, but I never play it.

3- Metallica
Never. They're a lousy band. A lot better metal out there.

4- The Beatles
Great band. Listen to them quite a lot.

I'm so tired of RHCP. I used to think they were kind of good, but now I turn the radio off.

13- Oasis
After all these years, still one of the great bands in my opinion. Never seen them live, and that bothers me.

15- Led Zeppelin
Some good songs, but all in all they're not outstanding. No, I don't listen a lot to them.

29- The Rolling Stones
Some amazing stuff. Actually, a lot of amazing stuff, but they've made so much crap too. They get played quite a bit.

30- Bob Dylan
Some absolutely brilliant albums and songs, but I don't listen to him as often as I probably should.

Quite frequently, especially VU & Nico.

161- Elvis Presley
The last months I've tried, but generally I'll get bored and turn it off.

"A lot better metal out there"

Who do you like Rune? Metallica is the only metal band I really like because it manages to be metal without out some guy screaming at the top of his lungs into a mic. I've tried so hard to like Slayer and I can't do it.

Some great metal bands

Cradle of Filth
Venom
Borknagar
Dimmu Borgir
Satyricon
Einherjer
Enslaved
Slayer
Finntroll
Khold
Mastodon
White Zombie
Covenant/The Kovenant
Ulver
Children of Bodom
Opeth
In Flames
Judas Priest
Sepultura

1- Coldplay : never. I'm probably the only guy who didn't hear any song of their new album
2- Radiohead : seldom.
3- Metallica : sometimes, especially "One"
4- The Beatles : always
5- Red Hot Chilli Peppers : same as rune
13- Oasis : sometimes
15- Led Zeppelin : sometimes. I have a love/hate thing with the Zep
29- The Rolling Stones : very often. Love them
30- Bob Dylan : always. One of my most played artists
130- The Velvet Underground : sometimes
161- Elvis Presley : often

Rune, do any of those bands feature vocals that aren't screaming or growl or whatever it is?

Coldplay- Like most of their stuff
Radiohead- Only a handful of their songs..."Karma Police", "High and Dry", "Creep"..though I'm slowly warming to IN RAINBOWS
Metallica- To be honest, I'm mostly unfamiliar with them. Have only heard THE BLACK ALBUM and scattered cuts but I like what I've heard.
The Beatles- Save the early covers, most of which don't do anything for me, and a couple of the latter day psychedelic cuts, I like probably 90-95% of their output.
Red Hot Chili Peppers- Still deciding how I feel about them. Liked CALIFORNICATION, thought STADIUM ARCADIUM was decent, kinda iffy about BLOOD SUGAR.
Oasis- Like most of their output
Led Zeppelin- Own the box set
The Rolling Stones- Don't like them as much as many do and think they're overrated though now I appreciate some of their stuff beyond just the singles. Genuinely really like STICKY FINGERS.
Bob Dylan- Like most of what I've heard of his. BLOOD ON THE TRACKS, HIGHWAY..,SLOW TRAIN, SAVED and the one with "Cold Irons Bound". Have many albums of his to hear yet though.
The Velvet Underground- Like the "banana" one..50/50 on the stuff I heard on the GOLD compilation. Still deciding.
Elvis Presley- I'm a fan. Own all 3 box sets though in fairness I got them cheap. He's probably among my top 30-40 artists.