Put a Pin on the Map View my Forum Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Acclaimed Music Artists Poll: The Spreadsheet!

Thanks Moonbeam for sending me the master file. Here's a link for everyone!

Re: The Acclaimed Music Artists Poll: The Spreadsheet!

Am I the only one here using Firefox, or am I using the wrong version? Excel icon and link are visible in IE, not in (my) Firefox.

Anyway, thanks a lot, Henrik and Moonbeam.

I'm using firefox too, and I can't see any icon here.

Sorry, I wasn't aware of this. But it's just common html coding with a link to an .xls file and an image...!?

Does this mean you have never seen any spreadsheets in the polls we have done in the past?

Anyway, hopefully you can see this link instead: http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/Forum/Artist_Poll_Master_List.xls

I can see the link, yes. I'm not sure about previous spreadsheets, as I've been switching back and forth using Firefox and Opera, so I've seen it while using the latter.

Why was Camera Obscura on the list twice? I voted for the same band that Miguel voted for.

Tim, this is what Miguel wrote to me:

"1. Camera Obscura (number 39) is the Scottish band, not the English electronic duo with the same name."

No, Henrik, in the other threads, the spreadsheets have always appeared correctly. This was the only time I needed to use IE to get the file.

I've never even heard of the electric duo Camera Obscura. It seems like the Scotish twee band is the band people assume you're talking about when you mention Camera Obscura. I've only mentioned them (the twee band) in just about every post I've written. So is the Scots all the way.