Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AM Secret Santa?

Yes, I know it's not an original idea or anything, but I was wondering if there would be any interest in something like this. Basically, a Secret Santa works like this: a bunch of people agree to participate. Each person is assigned a person to which they will send a gift for Christmas (or some other holiday), and each person will both give and receive a gift, but nobody except for the organizer knows who will be receiving gifts from whom. I think it might be a cool way to bring this forum closer together, but I may be alone in that thought. Would there be any support for such a thing?

Re: AM Secret Santa?

great idea !

Sounds cool, but the shipping costs sound pretty terrible...

sounds like a great idea, but the only gift that i can think of to give anyone is CD's (or vinyl etc.). but how can i avoid buying something that they don't already own or don't like? unless it's not music... but i don't know whether that makes things easier or harder :s

I don't have the money to buy a CD and ship it overseas. That would add up to probably around 30-40 dollars and I'm broke right now.

i'm down!

I guess we should make the gifts music. Participants could provide a list of 5-10 items that they would like to get to the organizer, and their Secret Santa could maybe choose the one they would like to buy and send it.