Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A.M. Music Club

So what do you guys think about having a music club where we choose one album a week to listen to and discuss? We can decide on the album one day and have the rest of the week to listen to it and discuss. Good idea?

Re: A.M. Music Club

An album a week may be too difficult for some. I'm thinking that we could do that, but not so often...

Ok, maybe two albums a month? I don't know if an album a week is that difficult. I think everybody here listens to at least an album a week, most of us way more. I guess the hard part would be obtaining the album. For those who don't have a service like Rhapsody or don't download music it might get tough.

i like it. maybe we take turns picking? or just pick a random # on the list, like 557 (no idea what that is). sounds good, though.

557 is Muddy Waters at Newport. Just had to.

Right, I was talking more about acquiring the album than simply listening to it. That's the easy part.

I don't want to make it exclusive to the AM list. I think we should take a day each week to decide on an album and then use the rest of the week to listen/discuss. New, old, AM, non-AM.

Not a bad idea at all!

Good idea.
One album by week looks good to me.

one album a week is fine to me
I have counted that since july 2007 (so 14 months or so) I've been listening to 683 different albums
that doesn't include mutiple listening of the same album

gosh nicolas, i don't even own that many albums :s

Count me in!

Cool. Any nominations for first album? Let's discuss today and start this tomorrow!

I guess Monday would be the best nomination day. I'll throw the first one out there: Meat Puppets- Too High To Die.

Bueller? Bueller? Anybody?

how bout one of gene clark's albums (white light, roadmaster, no other)?...don't know why, that was the first thing that came to mind

woo! i'm all for meat puppets too high to die :D it's far from their best, but it's got some good tracks :)

Like the idea...but I definitely won't be "acquiring" all of them. I love music but it's very low on the priority list after food, gas, mortgage etc.

I'm lucky these days to BUY a new album every 3 months. I do however typically have 30 CDs on loan from the library at any given time...not counting the CDs I own from BM&K times. (before marriage and a kid )