Author
Comment
Treble's Best Albums of the '90s

new list
http://www.treblezine.com/features/163.html

Re: Treble's Best Albums of the '90s

And part two, http://treblezine.com/features/164.html

It's not quite complete yet, missing 1999, although I am thrilled to see "In The Aeroplane Over The Sea" top the list for 1998.

That album and the Moon and Antarctica are going to make the biggest jumps when the site gets updated in a few months. I think they both have a shot at going to number 1.

Tim: You don't mean #1 on the entire list, do you? I'm expecting both albums to at least enter the top 500, which is just fine with me. (I'd say OK COMPUTER probably has an outside shot at becoming the most recent album in the all-time top 10 as well.)

I think they could go to #1 for the years they both came out. I'm assuming Good News For People Who Love Bad News will drop even further. It seems the higher the Moon and Atarctica goes the lowers Good News goes.

Modest Mouse's album stands no chance against Kid A, Marchall Matters or Stankonia !
But I guess In an Aeroplane Over the Sea has its chances to reach number one in a few years.

Anyway, 4 Elliott Smith's albums in this list... great list so !

OK Computer definitely deserves to be ahead of Van Morrison and the Sex Pistols. I hope those two drop all the way past the top 15.

That was one of the better lists I have seen on the 90's and I think it actually helps that it was 8 years after most of the lists were made...

Tim, look at the number of all-time lists for "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" and "In the Aeroplane over the Sea". Then realise that it will take a loooooooooooong time for "In the Aeroplane over the Sea" to overtake "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" (if this will ever happen). Sorry, but surprises of that sort will never happen at AM.

I see it in the top 3 of 98. As far as Kid A, that one doesn't look like it will hold #1 for too long. Outkast had Speaker Boxx from a few years later and Eminem was a fad and his albums wont stand the test of time. Kid A got average reviews (for a Radiohead album) as you can see on Metacritic and it's ranked really low for a #1 album. This was the same year that the computer modem was voted the #1 record in Spin Magazine Year End List so that alone tells you people didn't take the record as seriously as some of their other albums.

I see it in the top 3 of 98. As far as Kid A, that one doesn't look like it will hold #1 for too long. Outkast had Speaker Boxx from a few years later and Eminem was a fad and his albums wont stand the test of time. Kid A got average reviews (for a Radiohead album) as you can see on Metacritic and it's ranked really low for a #1 album. This was the same year that the computer modem was voted the #1 record in Spin Magazine Year End List so that alone tells you people didn't take the record as seriously as some of their other albums.

I disagree with this reasoning -- my guess is Kid A may actually get stronger over time. There were a lot of critics initially put off by the change in direction, but general consensus seems to be that it is their best album of the 00's. (Some may argue In Rainbows though.)

When the Decade-end lists are revealed, we shall see. I also predict Stankonia will outpace Speakerboxxx easily in retrospect.

There is also a list of Best Singles of the '90s, I don't have seen it in the forum and it was made after the last update, so here is the link :

http://treblezine.com/features/118.html&page=1