Put a Pin on the Map View my Forum Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The worst 65 songs ever! Part two (the worst of the worst)

32. Infernal - From Paris to Berlin (107.42 points)

Did it sell?
- A big hit in Scandinavia, and a smaller hit in the rest of Europe.

Re: The worst 65 songs ever! Part two (the worst of the worst)

31. Shania Twain - That Don't Impress Me Much (107.55 points)

Did it sell?
- A big hit all over the world, with a lot of first places on the charts. One of very few country musicians to do that in last 20 years or so.

30. Soulja Boy - Crank Dat (Soulja Boy) (108.77 points)

Did it sell?
- Big hit in English speaking countries around the world. Those of us with English as a second language were smart enough to avoid it (except those Frenchmen who kinda liked it).

29. Puff Daddy - I'll Be Missing You (109.71 points)

Did it sell?
- What kind of stupid question is that?

28. Creed - With Arms Wide Open (110.97 points)

Did it sell?
- It was a quite big hit in the US, but my one and only source, Wikipedia, doesn't say which other countries it did well in. It was popular here in Norway, so I guess the rest of Europe also liked it.

27. Black Eyed Peas - Don't Phunk With My Heart (111.56 points)

Did it sell?
- As all their singles, it was a huge worldwide hit. I chose to embed a much better video. If I ever make music video, this'll be one of my sources of inspiration.

Finally some talent in this thread! The boy has incredible timing and is that little sister cute or what?

A lot better than Fergie, that's for sure.

I would have voted for that Black Eyed Peas if I had remembered the title !

The Black Eyed Peas are certainly getting a lot of placements on this list ("Shut Up," "Don't Phunk with My Heart," Fergie's "Big Girls Don't Cry"), and I'm sure "My Humps" is bound to show up on the list.

26. Will Smith - Gettin' Jiggy Wit It (113.06 points)

Did it sell?
- Yes. Will Smith can't do anything wrong, according to the money spending audience. It also won a grammy.

25. Avril Lavigne - Sk8er Boi (115.32 points)

Did it sell?
- It was a fairly big hit worldwide, reaching number one in some South American countries, and several top 10 positions, including USA and UK.

24. The Beach Boys - Kokomo (118.41 points)

Did it sell?
- Amazingly, it reached number one in USA. Appearing on the soundtrack of Cocktail probably helped a lot.

"Kokomo" is a good song !
It's unfair to put it in this list !

23. Fergie - Fergalicious (121.32 points)

Did it sell?
- Big in USA, though it didn't reach number one. Did well in Latin America and Europe eventually, it wasn't released as a single until a while later.

22. Black Eyed Peas - Where Is The Love? (125.25 points)

Did it sell?
- It sold by the bucketloads. It reached number one all around the world, only the French were sensible enough to stop it at number 16. And it "only" went to number two in USA.

21. Starship - We Built This City (126.02 points)

Did it sell?
- Numero uno in USA, medium hit in Europe. The worst song ever according to music mag Blender.

"We Built This City" is ranked far, FAR too low. BLENDER got this one right, I think, as much for its besmirching of the legacy of a once-great band (several names ago) as for how awe-inspiringly AWFUL it is. Does anyone remember the equally bad follow-up which also hit #1 in the States - the noxious power ballad "Sara"? (Not to be confused with Fleetwood Mac's "Sara", or the infinitely superior "Sara Smile" by Hall and Oates.)

"Sara, Saaa-ra, storms are brewin' in your eyes,
Sara, Saaa-ra, nooo time is a gooood time for goodbyyyeee..."

20. Lou Bega - Mambo No. 5 (128.12 points)

Did it sell?
- The 12th most successful song of the 1990s. Does that answer the question? It went multi platinum in a dozen countries.

I can't imagine anything worse than Love Will Tear Us Apart?.. oh look, who's here, it's post punk selling Jim Morrison soundalike and he has left a message .. it reads: Pre.. Post... (whatever suits your interest)... Love (dum dum) will (dumdumdum) tear us (dumdumdumdum) all apart... whoo-oooo!!!! Ian Curtis is awesome... he fckin hates The Captain & Tennille... whoo-oooo, he's into bass-baritone and he'friggin' awesome!!!

19. Nickelback - Rockstar (128.90 points)

Did it sell?
- Nah, not really. No success in Europe, only minor success in America.

18. Notorious B.I.G. ft Puff Daddy & Mase - Mo Money Mo Problems (131.95 points)

Did it sell?
- Yes, it topped the American charts right after I'll Be Missing You. What a hellish period in musical history.

17. Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl (133.96 points)

Did it sell?
- Somebody sold something. Either sold out or sold her soul. The single sold quite good also, a handful of first places, and a shitload of top 10 results.

Rune, even though "Rockstar" was only a minor hit in its initial release, when it was re-released, it became a MASSIVE hit. Read the entire writeup here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockstar_(Nickelback_song)

Bask in the glory of insipidness! Revel in the horribleness! Yummy, keep 'm coming Rune.

I can't wait to see the top ten...

I'm so happy to see the Fuggie hate on here! She's even worse than Ashlee Simpson for me, and my burning hatred for her dates back to her Kids Incorporated days!

And tell me that her face doesn't look like it has melted. This shit is uncanny:

I'd still hit it

hahaha,urope's far undermythicalled...

16. Madonna - American Life (134.60 points)

Did it sell?
- A huge hit around the world, but those who were criticized didn't respond well to the criticism. They didn't buy it. It would be kicking yourself in the groin (which incidentally is kind of like listening to this song).

15. Crazy Town - Butterfly (137.72 points)

Did it sell?
- It sold very well in the US, where it topped the charts. Also Germany was unfortunate enough to do that. Quite a big hit around the world.

14. Los Del Rio - Macarena (138.26 points)

Did it sell?
- The second longest running number one in USA and the best selling debut single ever over there. Not much better in the rest of the world either. They topped the charts around the globe with this stinker.

13. Fergie - London Bridge (146.56 points)

Did it sell?
- It sold like beef jerky at an American truckstop. That said, as with the beef jerky, the Americans were the most enthusiastic. The rest of the world followed close behind, though.

12. Pussycat Dolls - Don't Cha (151.30 points)

Did it sell?
- Number one in big market countries like United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, Germany and New Zealand, and number two in USA, means a lot of money in the pockets of whoever gets it. One can only wonder what position it would have scored here, had Paris Hilton, who was initially offered the song, done it.

11. NewSong - Christmas Shoes (155.74 points)

Did it sell?
- Nah. But Wikipedia says those guys who wrote it spent four years on it. Four years! I've heard it twice, and I feel sick.

Now go check out the contest I've made in another thread.

Nothing puts me in the xmas spirit like songs about death. Not to mention Dear Mr. Jesus a song about child abuse is always a favorite around the holidays. Thank God for Patton Oswald who rips this song apart.

Call me a sentimental sap but I still like "With Arms Wide Open" (not that I'll defend anything else Stapp and Co. did..)

#25 is a guilty pleasure. So is #21
#22 is a good song as far as I'm concerned.
#20 is a good song albeit overplayed beyond justice. It IS a catchy appropriation of the old Perez Prado tune.
#18 is also a good song even if it is a bit of a "woe is me, I'm rich!" tune
#13 I hate that I like it but I do. It's darn catchy...
"Christmas Shoes" is truly wretched...and this from someone with a soft spot for holiday songs.

Behold! It's the top 10!

I've been incredibly busy the last week, and I will be for another week or so. Sorry for delaying the results of this nailbiting poll. And I'm never busy, so it's weird that I would be right now.

And because of my "business", I'll drop the Did it sell-part for the last ten, just to live up to the "crappiest poll ever"-tag I've given this piece of shit poll. Would you believe it, I am actually busy now, on Saturday evening.

So here comes more music that'll make you chew your ears off.

10. 50 Cent - Candy Shop (162.28 points)

9. Baha Men - Who Let the Dogs Out? (163.18 points)

8. Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart (166.88 points)

You should do a sing a long to that video.

7. Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On (177.81 points)

6. Toby Keith - Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue (178.43 points)

5. Crazy Frog - Axel F (203.65 points)

4. Limp Bizkit - Rollin' (239.54 points)

And out come the really bad songs. Candy Shop would likely have topped my list if I had made one, and Crazy Frog wouldn't be far behind.

3. Nickelback - How You Remind Me (240.31 points)

2. Limp Bizkit - Nookie (243.96 points)

1. Black Eyed Peas - My Humps (445.19 points) <-- no typo

It's pretty close to nailing both first and second place. Congrats to Black Eyed Peas, no one has ever made music this bad.

And congratulations to Pop Elton, who won the Black Eyed Peas album. Send me your address at runefromnorway@hotmail.com, and I'll send you the cheapest Black Eyed Peas CD I can find.

Even though your "crappiest poll ever"-tag might apply, most of these songs have received more attention than they probably deserve.

Great job.

Wow. I didn't expect TWO Limp Bizkit songs to make the Top 5. Yay! I remember the first time I heard Limp Bizkit (almost 10 years ago?) and thinking "this is easily the worst music I have ever heard in my life." I actually probably wouldn't have included "Nookie" on my list had a co-worker not started quoting the lyrics to that song the other day. I couldn't believe it was an actual song, and I looked it up. Nice to see it at #2.

It's interesting that "My Humps" won by such a landslide (good, it was my #1 pick as well). It seems as though this song will long be considered one of the worst. I remember the first review I read of the Black Eyed Peas' "Monkey Business" album, and it was talking about how terrible the lyrics to one of its songs were, that by the sounds of it, would not even be considered for a single release.

Let's just take a look at some of the poetry in "My Humps":

What you gon’ do with all that junk?
All that junk inside that trunk?
I’ma get, get, get, get, you drunk,
Get you love drunk off my hump.
What u gon’ do with all that ass?
All that ass inside them jeans?
I’m a make, make, make, make you scream
Make u scream, make you scream.
Cos of my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump.
My hump, my hump, my hump, my lovely lady lumps. (Check it out)

What's almost as repulsive as the lyrics? The fact that this song won a Grammy.

yay! just as I thought. not one evil song was made before 1970. congrats, baby boomers, your halos are looking ... yeeeha..haham.. well, heavy.

great fun list, though. thanks a lot, Rune!! and for the Black Eyed Pearls so far... certified breed of sofa hopping birth control and so far topping jerk consoles, go out and feel the angry clamp of taste!! booooohhh..

Wow I really know what you guys (and I) hate.
Great job Rune!
That Christmas song was so awful that I'm impressed that someone could listen it twice (or even once).

Rune, take your time to find the cheapest Black Eyed Peys album. There's no need to hurry.
I'll send you my next address.

You can also celebrate my victory and listen to this great Yeah Yeah Yeah -song by INDX. The video is also one of the greatest ever. After this you can ask yourself is My Humps still the worst song ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo_nYBv7UgM

Putting that youtube link wasn't as easy as I thought.
New try

Such awesome futility! I "enjoyed" going through this list of torture!

Are you going to post the individual lists, Rune?