Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AYCOADB: Thread 10

This song was the sound of 1992 for me. They were hugely popular where I lived, and there was a general feeling that music couldn't be made more perfect than this. Everybody seemed to agree. I was 12 back then, but already an enlightened music lover, having listened to pop and rock music since I was 4 or 5, but even I agreed. This was music at the top of the world. (I actually learned to read and write so that I could write my own pop charts, which I did for several years.) My feelings for R.E.M. has faded a little bit since 92, and I don't find this pop gem the greatest song ever written or sung anymore. It still is a delight to listen to, though.

10.(--) ( NEW ) R.E.M. - Everybody Hurts (1992)

Re: AYCOADB: Thread 10

The number one frat boys anthem. Not that we actually have frat boys in Norway, but anyway.. I can remember this one being played at the youth club I used to go to, and all the coolest guys went completely bananas (monkey style) on the dance floor, sometimes knocking themselves over. I never participated because I wasn't cool. I was in vogue for about half a year in 2002, but before and after I was, and am, the guy who just stands there.

9. (--) ( NEW ) House of Pain - Jump Around (1992)

This one I didn't discover until some years later, but when I did it was like being attacked by these massive rock songs. You can hear the size of their songs. Manic Street Preachers, although a great band, didn't break through in Norway until If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next, so it slipped me back then. I can't say exactly when I got into it, but I think it must have been around 98 or 99. I've seen them in concert too, but it wasn't the most memorable show I've been to. Went there with one metal fan and one hip hop fan and needless to say it wasn't their taste. Speaking of concerts, I've never seen House of Pain, but Wyclef Jean played Jump Around at least three times when I saw him. And when I say played I mean played. Wyclef himself just jumped around.

8. (--) ( NEW ) Manic Street Preachers - Motorcycle Emptiness (1992)

1992 was a great year for hip hop, but that was a movement I totally missed out on when it happened. Hip hop was considered the bad boys' music, and I still had a keen eye for the heavy rockers of the 80s, like Guns n' Roses and Bon Jovi. That was rapidly changing, though, and as before mentioned I had discovered R.E.M. by this time, so I started getting into alternative stuff. By alternative I mean something other than what all my friends listened to. A couple of years later I was a big Oasis fan, but I've lost some love for them too over the years.

7. (--) ( NEW ) Dr Dre ft. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Nuthin' But a G Thang (1992)

I was a big fan of Nirvana, and still am, and I definitely consider them the greatest band of their genre without much competition. There were a couple of other hot songs, but not many other great bands. As a comment to this song, I can remember a girl at my school who had selective mutism. Apparantly, through nine years of school she spoke only once. She turned into a beautiful young woman. I remember I met her some years after school ended, and she spoke to me. That was quite special, and I think I turned a bit red. Anyway, I always felt this song was for people like me, who chilled in corner of the club, drinking Dr. Pepper, and wishing for enough courage to go over to the beautiful girls.

6. ( (2 years) Pearl Jam – Jeremy (1991)

A song about a kid killing himself, you mean?

Well, yes, but it's not only that. It's an outsider song.

I've already written about my love for R.E.M. at the time. I honestly didn't believe it could be possible to write better songs, and although I then liked Everybody Hurts better, I find this one better now. Don't you think so too? The only bad memories I have of this song is when my mother sang it.

5. ( 4) (2 years) R.E.M. - Losing My Religion (1991)

Pet Shop Boys is a band I've always loved, but not always admitted that I loved. I think it's absolutely beautiful pop music with a brain. Every song could have been a one-hit-wonder, but they've done it again and again. In 1992, where alternative rock and hip hop were the gods among the cool people, I was afraid of being arrested if I admitted to liking Pet Shop Boys, but eventually I developed into a more sensible human being who weren't ashamed of liking any kind of music. Which I proved at my graduation when I danced on the roof of my car to Indian guru Sai Baba.

4. ( 6) (3 years) Pet Shop Boys – Being Boring (1990)

This was one of the anthems of the bad boys in my class. Then I hated it, but mostly because I had an inner rage because they got so many girls. Or claimed to get so many girls. I didn't really have anything against the music itself, and I even tried copying their fashion style, wearing a 49ers sweater and a Atlanta Falcons cap. Apparantly the wrong teams, but how on earth could I know? I didn't even know what sports they played. If I had a time machine I'd go back to these days and tell myself to act like myself. Listen proudly to Pet Shop Boys or whatever. Oh, well..

3. (--) ( NEW ) Ice Cube - It Was a Good Day (1992)

One of my classmates claimed this song was a god, and in a way I've looked at it that way ever since. It's the God of Thunder. This one-hit-wonder-oh-hang-on-a-bit also appealed to me as an outsider. They were just a group of ordinary lads who wanted to be special. Someone will say they became special, and someone eventually found me special too.

2. (--) ( NEW ) Radiohead - Creep (1992)

Once the future of rock, they left a lot of shit in their footprints. It pushed heavy metal over the last edge. There's a lot of things to dislike here, if you like heavy metal, but it still is one of the most fantastic songs from one of the most fantastic bands sung by one of the most fantastic front men. This isn't just rock music. This is world history.

1. ( 1) (2 years) Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit (1991)

1. ( 1) (2 years) Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit (1991)
2. (--) ( NEW ) Radiohead - Creep (1992)
3. (--) ( NEW ) Ice Cube - It Was a Good Day (1992)
4. ( 6) (3 years) Pet Shop Boys – Being Boring (1990)
5. ( 4) (2 years) R.E.M. - Losing My Religion (1991)
6. ( (2 years) Pearl Jam – Jeremy (1991)
7. (--) ( NEW ) Dr Dre ft. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Nuthin' But a G Thang (1992)
8. (--) ( NEW ) Manic Street Preachers - Motorcycle Emptiness (1992)
9. (--) ( NEW ) House of Pain - Jump Around (1992)
10.(--) ( NEW ) R.E.M. - Everybody Hurts (1992)

Came pretty close:
Metallica – Enter Sandman (1991)
The La's - There She Goes (1990)
Rage Against The Machine - Killing in the Name (1992)
Arrested Development - Tennessee (1992)

Out there in nowhere land:
U2 – One (1991)
Red Hot Chili Peppers – Under The Bridge (1991)

Didn't stand a chance:
R.E.M. - Man on the Moon (1992)
Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy (1991)
En Vogue - My Lovin' (1992)
Deee-Lite – Groove Is In The Heart (1990)

Rune, you're a bit haunted by your high school memories.

I don't think Smells Like Teen Spirit is more "metal" than something like The Kinks' You Really Got Me

Nah, I've come over it by now, but the 90s weren't the best decade of my life. Now I'm having my revenge by having a model girlfriend and a well payed job.

I don't consider Smells Like Teen Spirit metal either, but grunge (and especially Nirvana) sucked the last air out of the heavy metal balloon. All of a sudden leather pants looked stupid.

Hi Rune, would you send me the phone number of some of your girlfriend colleagues ?

Sorry, I can't, because I haven't got any of them myself. I do have the number to some photographers though, but they don't look as good.

Putting my list together... give me a few days. There was such a long hiatus with this that other non-AM things have taken up my time.

Ah well... what kept me busy was preparing for a nightime work meeting. Turns out I might have had the wrong date for the meeting on some (but not all) of my mailings I sent out. Not an offense that will get me fired, but an annoying slip up.

What could solve this but a 1993 countdown!

ACTIVATE DJ 3000

"Wow, it's raining cats and dogs out there"

"We'll be waiting until this next band to get out of rehab before we hear any more music from them."

"What young model is the lead singer dating this week?"

"Don't like the weather here in [city]? Wait 5 minutes!"

"We'll be giving away our free tickets to Lost Wages, Nevada [car horn, gong, duck quack] in the next 5 minutes."

"Come see Crazy Dave and pick up your FREE frisbee at the Sir Oink's BBQ Jamboree off the Interstate this Sunday, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!"

I don't think nonAmerican radio stations are as obnoxious, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Feel free to activate your own DJ 3000 throughout this top 10!

#10 (1) (3 years) Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit

Fans of SLTS should thank their lucky stars that the 20 songs to choose from weren't as strong as expected. I don't think of this as much of a generational anthem as most other people. Can't deny it's power and it's convention-defying pop chart success.

#9. (7) (2 years) Dr Dre ft. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Nuthin' But a G Thang

As a 12-year old, I was honestly pretty scared and alienated with the violent misogynistic world that most of the Chronic videos portrayed. But only from real authentic grit and struggles that are a part of South Central Los Angeles (which are also portrayed in the videos) could you get this totally unique G-funk sound. I'm glad they had that very young kid jammin'at 2:36 to lighten the mood.

I hope the grammar police don't attack me for that last entry.

#8. (NEW) Nirvana - Heart-Shaped Box

Don't let anyone have the impression that I dislike Nirvana... I just think the In Utero stuff is less overplayed and more interesting. But I'm no expert in this band. I just remember Nirvana being everywhere, including MTV (when they played cutting-edge music, sigh), where this video haunted me for a while.

#7 (2) (2 years) Radiohead - Creep

At the time when MTV was willing to offer more experimental music (through their Buzz Clips, remember them?), Radiohead emerged from the scene with this hit, and began to build the career that would allow them to have the limitless artistic freedom that defined their music post-Creep to this day. It's hard to include this song as an honorable part of their entire output, since it had the sound, lyrics and accompanying visuals of many Pearl Jam / Nirvana clones that MTV and "alternative" radio was trying to push on us. But separate what this song was from what Radiohead has become, and Creep becomes simple and invigorating and just as important an early 90s anthem as Teen Spirit.

#6. (NEW) The Breeders - Cannonball

I'll have to confess it was only in the post-alternative era that I began to find out about the Pixies and how important their albums were in developing much of the music I love. But this song, discovered again through an MTV Buzz Clip (noticing a pattern of nostalgia here?), has stuck with me from 1993 onward. I've actually never bought or heard the album Last Splash, but Cannonball has the perfect Kim Deal bass line (with or without Pixies) and it has never left my head for 15 years now.

What happened with this list?

Don't worry, I'm still alive. I'll finish it up tonight.

#5. R.E.M. (10) (2 years) - Everybody Hurts

Understated yet direct, simple yet orchestrated. R.E.M. got their raggedy indie rock up to great heights 10 years before most of the big alternative bands broke, so they earned the right to make this near-perfect ballad.

#4 (NEW) Beck - Loser

A completely genre-less gem that serves as the prism for all sorts of creative music by Beck and others post-1993. Unfortunately, it was only the particularities of mainstream music circa 1993 that made music this experimental a hit on top 40 radio. Likely a situation that won't be repeated, given the hidden online corners where quirky music fans can discover Loser-esque songs to their heart's content. Back then in the Web-less world, it's truly a marvel that this song broke out and became a staple at all the Bar Mitzvah parties I went to.

#3. (6) (3 years) Pearl Jam - Jeremy

There was a battle from 1991-3 between Nirvana / Pearl Jam that was that generation's Rolling Stones / Beatles. Sadly, by the end of the decade it was a Backstreet Boys / 'N Sync battle. Anyways, I gravitated towards enjoying Pearl Jam as a band more because at the same time this new music was coming out, I was taking in the darker non-Beatles 60s rock for the first time, and Pearl Jam connected in a clear way to the Doors, Black Sabbath, and other cacophonous sounds of that era, lending their sound the weight of past rock icons. When I hadn't identified the full spectrum of ironic attitudes and subversiveness that could exist in modern rock, Pearl Jam's epic presentation moved me to a core. Jeremy and its video added to this dramatic presentation, and told a powerful (and not incredibly cryptic lyrically) story.

#2. (NEW) Smashing Pumpkins - Today

(Wow, I never saw the first music-less seconds of that video before... thanks YouTube)

Not my favorite song on one of the greatest albums of all time, but this serves as the perfect pop placeholder in the mysterious musical universe of Siamese Dream. You can't appreciate Soma or Mayonaise or Hummer without Today's dreamy psychadelica as a demonstration of what Billy Corgan could present if he allowed all his musical ideas to bloom in full sunlight. I appreciated the descent into darker places more, but the fresh air of Today was welcome, even outside the context of the album.

#1 (NEW) Nirvana - All Apologies

This is the only one of all the available songs in my all time top 100, and it only gains a higher level of perfection as the years go by, and I'm reminded again and again how this band's career was cut so short. While Smells Like Teen Spirit sounds like a bold redefinition of a pop anthem that defines a generation, All Apologies offers a frightening suggestion that Kurt Cobain did not in the least want exposure as a generation's spokesperson and was going to breakdown conventions musically and lyrically to set himself up to breakdown personally. I don't know if this song was written and put at the end of In Utero with that motivation in mind, but history is viewed through a subjective lens, and every time I hear this song's simultaneous beauty, ugliness, and sense of resignation, it chills me to the spine as I comprehend what dark soul could come up with something so amazing and sad.

SUMMARY

1. (New) Nirvana - All Apologies
2. (New) Smashing Pumpkins - Today
3. (6) (3 years) Pearl Jam - Jeremy
4. (New) Beck - Loser
5. (10) (2 years) R.E.M. - Everybody Hurts
6. (New) Breeders - Cannonball
7. (2) (2 years) Radiohead - Creep
8. (New) Nirvana - Heart-Shaped Box
9. (7) (2 years) Dr. Dre feat. Snoop Dog - Nuthin' But a G Thang
10. (1) (3 years) Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit

I'm not sure if any more year slots are left, or if I consider myself an expert in singles beyond 1993. I'd just like to say it's been a pleasure cruising through 1969, 1979, and 1993 with you all.

Oh I forgot...

Retired:

Ice Cube - It Was a Good Day
Pet Shop Boys - Being Boring
R.E.M. - Losing My Religion
Manic Street Preachers - Motorcycle Emptiness
House of Pain - Jump Around

Not Quite:

PJ Harvey - Rid Of Me
Blur - For Tomorrow
Sheryl Crow - All I Wanna Do
Snoop Doggy Dogg - Gin and Juice
Bjork - Venus As a Boy

I don't have time write a clever response now but...thanks Jonah and Rune!

And here is the upcoming schedule again

1994 John
1995 Slush
1996 netjade
1997 Penguin
1998 mismaiome or Lonesome Panda?
1999 mismaiome?
2000 nicolas
2001 Honorio
2002 Lonesome Panda
2003 ?
2004 ?
2005 ?
2006 mismaiome
2007 Slush

As usual, let me know if there's anyone I've forgotten.

1998 Lonesome Panda
1999 mismaiome

Oh, sorry guys, I thought I had one more person in front of me.

Starting off with a song that's been around for a few years. It's ok...not much to pick from for the 10 spot but all the others are great.

10. (10)(4 years): Nirvana- Smells Like Teen Spirit (1991)

A couple other old ones, one from the same band.

9. (4)(2 years): Beck- Loser

8. (1)(2 years): Nirvana- All Apologies

I'm a Soundgarden apologist to some extent. Although they didn't have the catalog or deep lyrics of Nirvana they shouldn't be compared to them just because they were part of the scene. Along with Black Hole Sun I'll stand behind Pretty Noose, Burden in My Hand and Blow Up the Outside World as great songs. But, I will admit they never put out a good album.

7. (-)(NEW): Soundgarden- Black Hole Sun

I was watching some Beavis and Butthead music videos the other night and this one came on. When's the full movie coming out?

6. (-)(NEW) Beastie Boys: Sabotage

I was never a NIN fan in middle school (when this came out) but some of their songs have grown on me. Closer is so different than anything else that was being played on the radio in '94 but it was catchy enough that it became a hit. If you take out the shock value this is still a great song.

Video is probably NSFW.

5. (-)(NEW): Nine Inch Nails- Closer

Nirvana X3

4. (8)(2 years): Nirvana- Heart Shaped Box

3. (2)(2 years): Smashing Pumpkins- Today

Elastica gets lost in the shuffle today when it comes to 90's alt-rock and I suppose that's no surprise since they really only had one great album. But, boy was that album great.

2. (-)(NEW): Elastica- Connection

An apology to all you Brit-pop fans out there but I give you a big old...whatever. This was America's year, the year of the slacker with grunge and it's brother genres at their apex. Wait your turn. You knew you weren't getting me to put Oasis and Blur on my list anyway... but they truly did not deserve to be on the list in all honesty.

1. (-)(NEW): Pavement- Cut Your Hair

Final Tally:

1. (-)(NEW): Pavement- Cut Your Hair (1994)
2. (-)(NEW): Elastica- Connection (1994)
3. (2)(2yr): Smashing Pumpkins- Today (1993)
4. (8)(2yr): Nirvana- Heart Shaped Box (1993)
5. (-)(NEW): Nine Inch Nails- Closer (1994)
6. (-)(NEW): Beastie Boys- Sabotage (1994)
7. (-)(NEW): Soundgarden- Black Hole Sun (1994)
8. (1)(2yr): Nirvana- All Apologies (1993)
9. (4)(2yr): Beck- Loser (1993)
10.(10)(4yr):Nirvana- Smells Like Teen Spirit (1991)

Out:

Pearl Jam- Jeremy
REM- Everybody Hurts
Breeders- Cannonball
Radiohead- Creep
Dr. Dre- Nuthin But a G Thang

Didn't make it:

Oasis: Live Forever
Blur: Girls and Boys
TLC: Waterfalls
Portishead: Sour Times
Oasis: Supersonic

It's sick that these two songs aren't in the top 10 of 1994:

Weezer: Buddy Holly
B.I.G.: Juicy

Great list guys. Love the Pavement pick, John, and though they are my favorite artist, "Everybody Hurts" wouldn't make my top 100 REM songs let alone any top 10 list. (though "Cannonball" is one of my faves of the 90's)

I wish Range Life would have been in the top 10 though. That's in my top ten of all-time. I like Cut Your Hair but it's not even close to Range Life. Gold Soundz would have made the top 10 too.

I'm actually a "slanted enchanted" and "wowee zowee" man myself but anything by Pavement in the top 10 is alright by me.

'Live Forever' not in?
That's like not putting in 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' for 1980...

If only Liam had killed himself.

"An apology to all you Brit-pop fans out there but I give you a big old...whatever. This was America's year, the year of the slacker with grunge and it's brother genres at their apex. Wait your turn. You knew you weren't getting me to put Oasis and Blur on my list anyway... but they truly did not deserve to be on the list in all honesty."

Plus, Live Forever is horrible.

Okay, I'm hoping to post my 1995 list tomorrow night. I got a new cube at work which makes it a little more difficult to spend the countless hours on the AM forums that I could before (and I thought moving offices would be a good thing).

I appreciated the descent into darker places more, but the fresh air of Today was welcome, even outside the context of the album.

Actually, that song is easily the biggest descent into the dark places.

The "today is the greatest day that I have ever known" isn't anthemic. "I wanted more than life could ever grant me" and lyrical fellows prove quite well that the chorus is more suicidal than happy, and only life-affirming through the fact that it's not.

And we're off with what I expect to be my 2nd least popular pick

10. (-)(NEW) Coolio feat. L.V. – Gangsta’s Paradise

If you were in middle school in 1995, you knew all these lyrics and when you hear the song 13 years later, you still remember most of the lyrics. Thanks Coolio. And Michelle Phifer gonna bust yo' shit foo.

And I'm pretty friggen angry I can't embed this, but it's just as important as the original song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsfVw9xxoNY

9. (-) (NEW) Radiohead – Fake Plastic Trees (1995)

For about two and a half years I had a fake plastic tree in my house with the cover to The Bends leaned against it. In that time, only one person ever got the reference.

This song rules and this video pretty much is every 90s cliche ever. Enjoy:

8. (6) (2 years) Beastie Boys – Sabotage (1994)

Really, just trying to find another video besides the Spike Jonze video for this song is pointless, so just look above and enjoy it in all its glory.

7. (-) (NEW) Oasis – Wonderwall (1995)

First, as far as Britpop goes, it hurts that I don't get to put a Blur song on this list, but '95 was the year of Oasis. '94 was somewhat of a tie and after '95, Oasis could have just called it quits, but this was their moment (and "Champagne Supernova" and "Don't Look Back in Anger" and "She's Electric" and really that whole album is pretty good):

Even Jay-Z likes the song enough to cover it (even if it is an ironic jab at Liam Gallagher for being a twat):

6. (9) (3 years) Beck – Loser (1993)

It's amazing what you'll find on youtube some times:

5. (-)(NEW) Daft Punk – Da Funk (1995)

This video's stupid, but this song is awesome (Spike Jonze: 1 of 2). Just don't look and start dancing.

And if you've heard about the seizure inducing light pyramid at Daft Punk shows, here's a taste from the show I went to last summer (this person had better seats than I did ). Typical bad video quality for a youtube concert video.

"Actually, that song is easily the biggest descent into the dark places.

The "today is the greatest day that I have ever known" isn't anthemic. "I wanted more than life could ever grant me" and lyrical fellows prove quite well that the chorus is more suicidal than happy, and only life-affirming through the fact that it's not."

Thanks for pointing that out. I once again have to confess my ignorance of many song lyrics, even ones that I have listened to for years.

I almost meant that the song Today, in how it was presented as a mainstream alternative standard at the time, and the goofy video, didn't exactly hint at the darker audio depths of the whole Siamese Dream experience. That it had such underlying lyrical themes shows some clever pop subversiness of Billy Corgan's part.

4. (3) (3 years) Smashing Pumpkins – Today (1993)

1995 was the year of the Pumpkins other great album, but this great song from '93 still hangs on. Anyway, look above for the awesome "Today" video, or look below for another Pumpkins video that doesn't make my list (due to not being eligable), but is just so awesome that it's fun to watch again:

3. (1) (2 years)Pavement – Cut Your Hair (1994)

I really wish I could find the Beavis and Butthead clip making fun of this video, but I can't. I should "try harder" as they implore.

Probably the only time this song will appear so expect a rant.

2. (-)(NEW) Underworld – Born Slippy (Nuxx) (1995)

I guess great techno songs didn't lend themselves to great videos in 1995. The actual video for this song is truly terrible, like a subpar Stan Brakage video.

Anyway, 1995 seems like a breakthrough year for electronic music thanks to the mainstream attention this song got, Daft Punk’s arrival, the Chemical Brothers getting big, Faithless making a splash, etc. etc. IMO, Underworld’s best album was behind them, their best song was still ahead of them, but their best known song hit in 1995 (actually 1996 if you're counting the (NUXX) remix that got so much more popular). This song isn't relevant, it isn't poetic, it isn't artistic, it isn't beautiful, it isn't profound, it isn't eloquent, it isn't nice, it isn't pop, it isn't rock. This song is just about the most damn effective thing made for its purpose: getting your heart to race and your feet to move. Underworld is (well, was) the best at that. Karl Hyde vomits lyrics onto the mic that mean nothing, but add a tension that just makes you want to move faster and faster. If only the scene surrounding this type of music weren't so lame.

Here's the Trainspotting ending if you want a good use of this song:

And here's the truly awful music video if you want to put the song on in the background and look away:

Yeah, I love eliminating popular bands, but by 1995, grunge was dead anyway.

1. (-)(NEW) Pulp – Common People (1995)

I have so much less to say about this song because it's so well regarded anyway that I don't think I need to fight for its merits. I'm not British, but plenty of lame people like this went to my school so that I think it's really just a universal theme about trustifarians and the like. And really, do the lyrics even matter because the music is just so good on this song that Jarvis could be singing about "Lima Beans" and "Pop Tarts" and I'd love it.

And when Shatner covers you, you know you've made a brilliant song:

1995, the year the (distorted) music (from the Pacific Northwest) died:

1. (-)(NEW) Pulp – Common People (1995)
2. (-)(NEW) Underworld – Born Slippy (Nuxx) (1995)
3. (1) (2 years)Pavement – Cut Your Hair (1994)
4. (3) (3 years) Smashing Pumpkins – Today (1993)
5. (-)(NEW) Daft Punk – Da Funk (1995)
6. (9) (3 years) Beck – Loser (1993)
7. (-) (NEW) Oasis – Wonderwall (1995)
8. (6) (2 years) Beastie Boys – Sabotage (1994)
9. (-) (NEW) Radiohead – Fake Plastic Trees (1995)
10. (-)(NEW) Coolio feat. L.V. – Gangsta’s Paradise (1995)

Tough cuts:

Nirvana – All Apologies
Soundgarden – Black Hole Sun
Nirvana – Heart Shaped Box
Nine Inch Nails – Closer
Smashing Pumpkins - 1979

Kinda tough cuts:

Elastica- Connection
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit

Easy cuts:

Alanis Morisette – You Oughta Know
Supergrass – Alright
Method Man feat. Mary J. Blige – I’ll Be There For You/You’re All I Need to Get By

netjade ! don't forget us (yeah i'm really looking forward to do my part !)