Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MEGA-CRITIC-COMPETITION JUNE : THE CLUES

Guess (Deadline = 25th) the highest new entry into this month´s Mega-Critic-Chart (Publication = 30th) and enter the chance to win that CD.

The following five acts for the moment seem to become the highest entries :

Clue to Act 1 : American Indie Rock band who´s singer has the same name as the actor of CSI-Las Vegas pathologist.

Clue to Act 2 : No, it´s not K.D.Lang, but a Swedish Metal-Band, named after a city in the African desert.

Clue to Act 3 : New Orleans Rapper with ´Fear´ and ´God´-Tattoos on his eyelids.

Clue to Act 4 : Singer/Violonist : An Ex-Lotus Eater and Ex-Girlfriend of Jeff Buckley.

Clue to Act 5 : Unconventional structures, ornate instrumentations and pure vocals from Seattle.

and No! : Even if the Surf Surf Surf-Boy, who drowned in 1983 gets excellent reviews, he cannot enter the Mega-Critic-Chart as his album is a Re-Issue.

and Yes! : Also beware of a July release dated album by Harry Potters (Daniel Redcliffs) favourite Brooklyn based band (might well be a last minute speed-entry.

Guesses noted so far :

Paranoid Android : Fleet Foxes ´Fleet Foxes´
AJackson : Wolf Parade ´At Mount Zoomer´
John : Bun B ´II Trill´
Harold Wrexler : My Morning Jacket ´Evil Urges´
BillAdama : The Notwist ´The Devil, You And Me´
Slush : My Morning Jacket ´Evil Urges´
Sketch : Opeth ´Watershed´
brennen : My Morning Jacket ´Evil Urges´

(which still can be changed until the 25th)

Good Luck !!!

Re: MEGA-CRITIC-COMPETITION JUNE : THE CLUES

I wanna change to Fleet Foxes...definitely

Well, I'm going to change my guess, but I've already bought the CD - it's going to be Act 5. I've only listened to it once, but what stands out even on a first listen is how remarkably, almost scarily self-assured it is, particularly for a debut.

Well, seeing that I'm almost positive it'll be Fleet Foxes and I'm too late on that one, I'll change mine to Joan Wasser- To Survive. I'd change it to the N.O. rapper but that album sucks and I don't want it!

Boring.. but I'm gonna go with Act 5 too.

You know what...screw it I'm gonna take a chance on the hometown boys, The Hold Steady. They might be Brooklyn but their heart is in Minneapolis.

What's Act 5?

What's Act 5?
"Forward, Russia!"

the 3 first Act are found... Act 4 : Joan as Police Woman
There is new Forward Russia coming ? I liked the first one

Looks like Wolf Parade isn't one one of the clues so I guess I'll change my pick. Fleet Foxes appears to be a virtual lock to win this month but I'll go with Lil Wayne to be different. Plus I really enjoy that album, best rap album I've heard in some time.

My guess is also act 5, Fleet Foxes.

Oh, now I get it.

I thought Act 5 was the actual name of a band or album and I was lost because googling gave me no results!

I'd be shocked if it weren't Fleet Foxes, but I already have that.

I have most of the top candidates, so I'll go with Alejandro Escovedo. Because I don't have it.