Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wolf Parade - At Mount Zoomer

This album is coming out in a few days but is currently streaming on myspace. As I've mentioned a few times on this forum "Apologies To The Queen Mary" is my favorite album of this decade.

I've heard the new album about 10 times and I don't think At Mount Zoomer is quite as good though its still probably in my Top 3 for 2008. Boeckner especially shines on this album with what may be his best track ever - Language City. The 10 minute Krug/Bockner collaboration at the end titled "Kissing The Beehive" is epic and possibly my favorite song on the album. I highly recommend this album and if you enjoy this I also recommend you check out their various side projects like Sunset Rubdown, Handsome Furs, and Swan Lake.

Re: Wolf Parade - At Mount Zoomer

I'm probably the wrong person to talk to if you're looking for an affirmation of Wolf Parade's greatness, because I think At Mount Zoomer is even more proof that Wolf Parade is a by the numbers indie rock band that offers absolutely nothing new, nothing exciting, and nothing to make me want to throw one of their albums on. They sound a less dynamic and watered down version of early Modest Mouse to me.

But if you like 'em, that's cool and all.

I imagine this is in large part due to the fact that I've grown weary of indie rock in general. It has begun to sound all the same to me. Vampire Weekend bores me, too. Islands = ZZZzzzz. I could go on.

The only indie rock band that excites me is Deerhoof. And even they better put out something new and fresh with their next record or else I'll begin to get bored with them, too.

Re: Wolf Parade - At Mount Zoomer

I like Apologies a lot, but I think everything else Krug has done is mediocre.