Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Depeche Mode

Why Depeche Mode is so underrated?They've got some great albums like Black Celebration,Violator or Playing The Angel,and in Poland,where i am living,they are condisered one of the most important bands of 80s.In my country there is a lot of fans of Depeche Mode and they've got one of the biggest music subculture on the world.I am a big fan of them and maybe i don't see something,so tell me please.

P.S-My english is very bad and i am so sorry for that

Re: Depeche Mode

Most 80's music doesn't get "classic" reviews. It's pretty trendy and they only started getting noticed again once the 80's became trendy in the '00s. But, that new trend has turned into something bigger so maybe 80's new wave and electro-pop will start being labeled as classic. We're already seeing that a little bit.

Thanks,it's true because in decade rank 80s are under 90s.I still that they should be at least at top 80.Maybe they will be soon if the trends will keep still.

I totally agree! They are one of my top 15 artists, and they really took the synth pop movement to the masses.

i really really like DM but one of their songs will be featured on my bottom 100 songs list, possibly quite near the top!

Mhich song will be in your bottom 100?I also don't like some of their songs so maybe it is the same?

I mean which,sorry.

The 80s blows! And Depeche Mode were at the top of the blowhard gimmicky 80s trend that people are so sick that we've already moved to the 90s. Synth pop was as sleazy and generic as disco and I thank the c-86ers for destroying the genre and getting the madchester, twee and shoegaze/dreampop movement out there as alternative to all this cheesy BS that was getting played on the radio. This is why so many of the English bands of today are becoming so stale. Synth pop was already becoming dated by the time the c-86 movement was coming up. It seemed like a good idea to bring it back but like it was in the 80s the nusynth bands were sounding exactly the same. Futureheads, Kaiserchiefs, Bloc Party, Maximo Park, Good Shoes, Blood Red Shoes, early British Sea Power, the Young Knives, Los Campesinos...All sound dreadfully alike just like those bland novelty acts from the 80s. When you look, dress and sound like a jackass it's hard to take a band seriously.

New Order rules

um, disco was awesome
synth-pop was awesome
new wave was awesome

i agree with you regarding all the crappy neo-post bands, though
however, i think maximo park and british sea power are a cut above the rest