Put a Pin on the Map View my Forum Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Hold Steady - Stay Positive (Streaming on MySpace)

And it sounds very very good. The energy, the bar music soul, and for once a half decent attempt at actually singing his lyrics. This will certainly make alot of year end lists

Re: The Hold Steady - Stay Positive (Streaming on MySpace)

Yeah another solid album by them. Not as good as my 2006 favorite Boys and Girls in America but equal to Seperation Sunday in my opinion. The lead track "Constructive Summer" is one of the best tracks they've ever done.

I'm personally enjoying Lord I'm Discouraged. Something very different from them. I think maybe over the next year this record will pass "Boy's and Girls" as my favourite of there's. a Very Impressive record!

Well, for me they just stole the title for best band of the new millenium from My Morning Jacket.

Don't get ahead of yourself SLUSH. Arcade Fire hold that statue. But definately the top 10. Don't bother arguing the fact that Arcade Fire is anything but the greatest band of the decade. All I'll see is Blah blah blah etc.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah...take that arguement!

I don't want to turn this into another debate where people try to objectively debate the merits of subjective opinions, but the Hold Steady's style of music is immensely appealing to me. I love Arcade Fire as well, but the difference is that whenever I pick up a guitar and play something, it sounds more like The Hold Steady than the Arcade Fire. I guess it's fair for me to say that The Hold Steady is the type of music I would make if I were in a band.

Sol Good, I was just "Havin a laugh"

Oh, I know. I really need to get better at writing so people know I don't take offense :)

Hey SLUSH. If your a fan of Arcade fire. Or even a fan of modern music period (Lots on this site arent), You might wanna check out WOLF PARADE'S Next "At Mount Zoomer". I picked up an early copy from a local store today, I'd say its pretty good. Fun Fact: Produced at Arcade Fire's Church in Montreal!

Sweet. I liked their first album a lot, so I'll check it out.