Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Send me your 100 worst songs

Walla komolko polío Macarena or something.

Please send me a list of the 100 worst songs you can imagine, and I'll make you suffer through the final list sometime in August. We've been positive for too long, so you're absolutely welcome to post some harsh comments with your list as well.

There's no restrictions on which songs to choose. You do not have to pick songs from the top 100 artists at AM, nor songs among the AM3000 singles. Yes, that's right, you can pick whatever song you like (meaning: hate), be it Like a Rolling Stone or Schnappi das Kleine Krokodil.

The deadline for sending in the list is August 1st, if no one comes up with a better and more earcatching date.

Oh, and the e-mail address you should send the list to is
runefromnorway@hotmail.com

Alternatively you could send me the list through Facebook, and at the same time join the Acclaimed Music group. You'll find me in the members list there.

Re: Send me your 100 worst songs

Do we have to list them from 100 to 1? There's so many songs I hate equally I can't decide what's worse.

Yes, at least that'll make the final list better (or worse to be precise). If you can't make up your mind which is worse, just draw randomly.

If you're not sure what to vote for, I have a couple of tips for you.

How about this one? A.Moe - Mom is home.

Or this? Christian Strand - Maybe Baby

Both of these were very popular in Norway. The last one even reached number one on the singles chart.

Now I'm going to have to learn the name of every Tom Waits, Joanna Newsom, Depeche Mode and Pavement song ever writter. It'll be hard to narrow down with these 4 alone.

Do covers of good songs count?

There's nothing that pisses me off more than mainstreamized versions of classic songs.

Sure they count. You can vote for whatever you want.

Is everyone going to be voting 'Worst' or 'Most overrated'. Me, I'm going for 'Worst that gets any serious attention whatsoever'.

Like, the worst 100 songs ever are probably by random garage bands that never got a contract. So I'll go with songs people have heard of. But, anyone who comes here a lot probably knows my feelings about U2. I probably won't include any U2 songs because seriously, there's tons worse than their overrated asses.

Speaking of which, does anyone know who wrote Detachable Penis?

I'm not sure who wrote it, but that's a King Missile song, isn't it? I quite like it.

Just a reminder. The final date for submitting is August 1st, if I'm not mistaking, so you do have a lot of time left.

No need to spend days on the list if you don't want to. You can just copy and paste from any hitlist from the late 90s.

I personally included lots of 90s hits because I think the amount you're forced to hear a song against your will is a major component of it's badness.

Big Girls Don't Cry would only be a mediocre pop song, if I wasn't forced to hear it almost daily at work.

Submitted for everyone's...ummm... enlightenment?

Aqua- Cartoon Heroes:

Gyaruru- Meccha Maccho:

OMC- How Bizarre:

I actually bought that OMC single. I've also bought Oh Carolina, Cotton Eye Joe and Informer.

performance is also crucial...how about doing the freddie...

or freeing the donny..

music is magic. hugs... nj

having Aqua on the pitch, Moonbeam, I must admit I've always fancied THAT kind of bloke... cause... cause...
...damn he knows how to go to twelve.

Crap, I forgot How Bizarre!

Somebody should have nudged OMC and said "Psst. You do realize singing usually involves more than one pitch, right?"

Intent of the song is also important. Like, 'God Bless America' is a perfectly decent song when sung by a normal person just intending to show his patriotism. But when it's sung by a hard line conservative it turns into an anti-secular anti-liberal hate message.

Singing in one pitch isn't necessarily bad. Born Slippy for instance, is quite cool.

This is way too hard.. I try to forget bad songs, not list them. If I get any inspiration I might send in a list though.

No rush, Stephan. This will probably be the least serious poll in here, so don't strain your brain over it.

You guys are joking about 'How Bizarre' right?
What's bad about it? I've never heard anyone talk about it being a bad song before...

Do the Freddy is not a bad song once you've watched him actually do the Freddy! RIP. Melody-wise it's not that much different than I'm Telling You Now.

I'm not joking, Midaso. It is one of the worst songs I've ever heard. The awful, annoying vocal delivery- the annoying strummy guitars- the stupid lyrics and refrain- it's nauseating!

Here are some candidates:

http://www.avclub.com/content/feature/baseball_apple_pie_and_kicking

Melody-wise it's not that much different than I'm Telling You Now.

Sure. But a combination of The Freddy AND I'm Telling You Now?!? ...well, I sense absurdity, but I don't locate the ghost in it..

I think I'm going to stick to singles with this. I've heard so many bad songs that are worse than any single ever made but it makes it easier and probably better for the end results.

Sorry netjade, I didn't mean to ignore your comment I just didn't notice it. I have a few of the Hulabaloo DVD's and one of them has him doing the Freddy with Frankie and Annette! It's pretty funny to watch... and that's what it was meant to be! It's not like the Macarena where it became a craze, it was just funny to watch Freddy do it!

I'm also sticking with singles, or at least quite well known album tracks. There's so much shit to choose from anyway.

This is definitely off topic, but I could need some help. My girlfriend needs votes on a model site. Anyone interested of helping us out can send me an e-mail on runefromnorway@hotmail.com

(I hope I'm not pushing any forum rules too much now.)

Just another reminder. I haven't got too many of these lists yet, so send one to make an impact.

Much harder to do than a normal poll, you easily forget a song you dislike while you will never forget your favourites...
Only have chosen 50 for now, tough game !

Yet another reminder. Haven't got too many lists in, so make one to make an impact. If you can't make it to 100, just send me whatever you can do. I wouldn't force people to think of shite music more than strictly necessary.

I plan to get my list in soon :P I do agree that it is pretty tough to pick 100. It's easier to list off the top of my head 20-50 songs I despise, but I've been keeping my ears open on the radio for a few weeks for songs that I really hate (and had forgotten how much I hated them).

If you guys want to, we can change it to 50 songs. No worries.

I just sent you my list

List sent via Facebook!

mine's coming soon!

I eventually got to 100, but I kinda padded mine out a little.

I think I may have included a song my little brother wrote when he was 8 about our cats. I forget.

"I eventually got to 100, but I kinda padded mine out a little.

I think I may have included a song my little brother wrote when he was 8 about our cats. I forget."

I sent a list on Facebook. I don't think it was quite 100, but there's so many bad songs that once I got going it was easy to pass that 50 threshold.

Thanks to those who have sent lists. If there's any late-comers, just send them in. I'll include them as long as I'm working with the final result.

I'll send my list in the next 30 minutes!

List sent! I actually got really angry when compiling it, thinking about how truly terrible these songs are!

mine's still coming rune...sorry it's late...should have it in tonight or tomorrow

No worries. I have no sense of structure in my work, so I'm still adding numbers together.

I'm getting close to a conclusion here. But as I mentioned earlier, I'll accept lists until I'm finished with the adding of numbers, so just send it to runefromnorway@hotmail.com if you have a list. You have to be quick though, because I'll finish up during the weekend.

I hope my strange ranking has not made too much complications for you to count the score !

You've had your chance. The voting is closed. Watch out for the terrifying results.

I just realized that I left off 2 songs that definitely deserve mentioning! Hopefully others will have given them a black mark:

Don McLean- "American Pie"
Fastball- "The Way"

Oooh sweet. I did remember American Pie.

I heard Love Is A Battlefield for the first time yesterday.

Too late I guess.

"Love Is a Battlefield" should always be heard in conjunction with its video!

"Love Is a Battlefield" should always be heard in conjunction with its video!

Both song and video are hilarious, and usually nostalgia takes over and I enjoy it in spite of myself. The guitar licks are wonderfully early-80s, and the whistle solo! Pure gold.